Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Last Remnant, The

Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
ikki5

Since when......

Since when do games cost more over time on steam? I have had this on my wishlist for...oh I don't know how long now waiting for it to hit a nice price, instead looking at it today, I see it is even more than it was before. I saw it on sale at Christmas and though it seemed high for on sale but now I see why, it has gone up a least $10 maybe more, I thought I remembered see this on steam for $29.99 not on sale like last year or so, not 100% sure on that one but I know it was at least $39.99, not this $49.99 propaganda.

Last edited by ikki5: 01-28-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
TwRecks

Everyone interested in buying like yourself is waiting for the next $9.99 sale anyway. While the MSRP going up is odd, it's also completely irrelevant. Noone will buy it for $39.99 or $49.99, so which it is doesn't make any difference. Silent Hill Homecoming is the same way; the MSRP is some arbitrary price that just says "wait for the sale".
TwRecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Zloth

There's a lot of freaky pricing out there. For a long time, Divinity 2: Ego Draconis was $10 more than Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, even though the latter included the former plus an expansion plus a graphics overhaul!

If you want it right now, do a little shopping around. I think you can find it for $15. Or you can just wait for the inevidable sale.
Zloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
ikki5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
There's a lot of freaky pricing out there. For a long time, Divinity 2: Ego Draconis was $10 more than Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, even though the latter included the former plus an expansion plus a graphics overhaul!

If you want it right now, do a little shopping around. I think you can find it for $15. Or you can just wait for the inevidable sale.
I do want it but there is no way I am going to spend more than $20 for this game. And I usually get all m y games on steam because I usually don't have the greatest luck with CD, either get too scratched, lost, or broken so I prefer steam. Sadly they just keep raising the price.
ikki5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
BobT36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikki5 View Post
I do want it but there is no way I am going to spend more than $20 for this game. And I usually get all m y games on steam because I usually don't have the greatest luck with CD, either get too scratched, lost, or broken so I prefer steam. Sadly they just keep raising the price.
Buy it retail, MUCH cheaper (feck knows why, defeats the point of digital distribution?)

The disc is a one-time install thing, you can download it digitally and install as many times as you want through Steam after that.

Last edited by BobT36: 02-05-2012 at 09:09 AM.
BobT36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Zloth

It's not like Steam is the only digital retailer, either.
Zloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Last Remnant, The