Vista 64bit

2-
i7 3930k @ 4.7
32GB Kingston HX
Dual GTX 590
Dual 240GB Kingston SSD (R0)
Dual WD 2TB Black Edition
Windows 7 64bit Ulti

Updated drivers on everything mentioned above (not that hardware really matters), and never had a single problem, other than the achievement bug mention above. The i7 rig was built 1 week ago, which was my last playthrough of the game.

Was one of the better ports that ive played. Compared to Rockstar (lol @ GTA IV prior to patching, Manhunt 1 & 2, or Bully....), the guys did a decent job.

Forgot to mention, iif you guys are wanting the Abyssal armor the second playthough solely for the purpose of beating it on Apocalyptic... its more than obtainable/do-able without it. we all know the game wasn't difficult, by any means.
I think you misunderstood my post. I was stating that I doubt it is a system specs issue. I was saying that I doubt you have the only rig capable of running this game, as the specs required aren't very high. I run an i5 2500k, and a GTX 580. The issue isn't that I can't run the game. And I don't see how my specs could cause achievement errors anyway. The random crashes, I don't know why that happens, and I'm not the only one with the error.
Sovelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
Earthworm James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Lem View Post
Was one of the better ports that ive played. Compared to Rockstar (lol @ GTA IV prior to patching, Manhunt 1 & 2, or Bully....), the guys did a decent job.
Interesting, seeing as i havent had one issue with these games...

Ive beaten these games multiple times, in the past 5 years, on four separate machines. With no issues at all.

Your issue is clearly your PC.

u're a low-cow, but srsly, stop thinking people are idiots and u're always right, DarkStalkers is a broken game. Fact.
You had zero issues? Good for you, but a huge amount of people had to face multiple bugs, and not because of their rigs.
Earthworm James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #18
netbozo

Another zero issue person here, well except for the abyssal armor not carrying over to new playthroughs. I thought it was an excellent port. You want a crappy port, go look at Saints Row 2, or GTA IV b4 the patches. I'll def be picking up Darksiders 2!
netbozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #19
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbozo View Post
Another zero issue person here, well except for the abyssal armor not carrying over to new playthroughs. I thought it was an excellent port. You want a crappy port, go look at Saints Row 2, or GTA IV b4 the patches. I'll def be picking up Darksiders 2!
I guess im not the only "zero issue user" that has played this game.

interesting...
Vladimir_Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm James View Post
Interesting, seeing as i havent had one issue with these games...

Ive beaten these games multiple times, in the past 5 years, on four separate machines. With no issues at all.

Your issue is clearly your PC.

u're a low-cow, but srsly, stop thinking people are idiots and u're always right, DarkStalkers is a broken game. Fact.
You had zero issues? Good for you, but a huge amount of people had to face multiple bugs, and not because of their rigs.
Bro, learn how to double quote before trying to respond. You even typed out my response wrong.

Tip: Highlight what i typed, then press ctrl+C, then ctrl+v. That was free btw.
Vladimir_Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
Solon25

Another one with no abyssal armor in a new playtrough...

Did the armor only carrying over from difficulty "Normal" to "Apocalyptic"?
Solon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #22
JamesJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon25 View Post
Another one with no abyssal armor in a new playtrough...

Did the armor only carrying over from difficulty "Normal" to "Apocalyptic"?
No, it's not the difficulty. I figured out a while back that you only get the option to start a game with the armor if you finish collecting the armor pieces, and then start a new game at some point after that, without exiting the game in between. It's like once you exit the game, it forgets that you collected the armor, and doesn't give you the option anymore. You can read more about it in the thread that avalanche272 posted a link to, back on the first page.
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #23
Firehex

Save before fighting last boss and try again...It worked for me.
Also for pc version 4 achievments are locked and can't be obtained.Sad...
Firehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #24
Solon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehex View Post
Save before fighting last boss and try again...It worked for me.
Also for pc version 4 achievments are locked and can't be obtained.Sad...
Now in my 2nd run im in the lead to beat Tiamat, to late to load it. But i get some achievements missed in 1st run (Kill 666 Demons, Get the crossblade etc.).
Seems they unlock now in a 2nd run.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #25
JamesJ

> Also for pc version 4 achievments are locked and can't be obtained.Sad...

Locked, or don't exist? According to Steam, I've got all of the achievements. There might be some achievements that weren't included in the Steam version (I don't know), but I'm assuming that there aren't any "locked" (unobtainable) ones, since Steam says I have them all.
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #26
Solon25

Damn, get no Tiamat achievement again. This s#%&.... So, who start this fight again? My fight goes 30 minutes, because i have 1mm life in the 2nd phase, but fight him down with the crossblade.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #27
Solon25

So, i have played a 2nd one on Normal till Eden and use the tipp, it works, i have now the Abyssal Armor for an Apocalyptic run

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x0r10 View Post
So here's the workaround steps (v1.1) :

1. Find 9/10 abyssal armor, go to the last chest (preferably at eden). DO NOT OPEN IT YET.
2. SAVE THE GAME
3. Open the chest
4. DO NOT SAVE THIS GAME
5. Unequip the mask of shadows
6. Go to menu > exit
7. Start a new game, it will ask whether you want to start with the armor or not
8. Save the first level so you can actually start with the abyssal armor equipped.
9. Do this for all 3 difficulty level if you want to.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #28
Blumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm James View Post
lulwut? Name a single console port with worse bugs than this one.
The amout of bugs in this game is ridiculous, I had freezelocks, CTDs, random achievements, no sound on some cinematic, the swords bug and the abysmal armor bug. And no, my rig is fine, I ran more than 200 games fine, this game is just broken.
It was a pain in the to finish it once and I uninstalled it right away.
Not that the game is bad, it's actually very good, but the PC port is a POS.
Not going to spend my money on DS2 until I read some reviews and get some feedback about the PC port quality.
Love how all these people always complaining about console ports, have no idea what an actual console port is. lol.

The game is good, besides a few MINOR bugs. Fix your PC, it's most likely the issue. I've had no problems except alt-tabbing and it crashing once in a blue moon. Don't blame the game for your probably out-dated drivers and prob minimum specs. lol
Blumps is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders