Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Silent Hill: Homecoming

Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
golfisfun

Silent Hill Downpour and PC

Do you think we will get a PC port of this? I own all of SH games on PC and I don't want to buy this for my 360 cause I cant play with the set up they would have.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Alienware Gamer

Unlikely even though its being made on the UT3 engine the producer says they are concentrating on consoles only. Stupid decision as PC port would be easy from UT3 engine............
Alienware Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
psno1994

If it happens, hopefully it isn't half-assed like the SH Homecoming port...
psno1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
Alienware Gamer

Unlikely to ever happen as Konami do not care much for PC anyway which is so stupid when its a UT3 based game how freakin hard can it be to make that run on modern PC's!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
Alienware Gamer

This is now out in US on 360/PS3 but user reviews show its not a great game & riddled with technical issues like lockups, sluggish FPS in places, screen tearing & other technical glitches.

Not sure if this is good or bad news for PC as it sounds unlikely it will sell many copies on consoles anyway does that mean Konami will try to port to PC to boost sales figures I wonder?

.....and if they even did would the PC still have these issues or would the might of PC hardware cure most of them!!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
chris_coma

I just want older titles to support widescreen and be released on Steam. Why do people care about last atrocious amateurish installments?
chris_coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
Nightwalker83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienware Gamer View Post
This is now out in US on 360/PS3 but user reviews show its not a great game & riddled with technical issues like lockups, sluggish FPS in places, screen tearing & other technical glitches.
Konami better buy back the rights to the series quickly.
Nightwalker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
amp5566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
Konami better buy back the rights to the series quickly.
They didn't sell them, Konami are ones ing up the series ever since Team Silent left.

Also no, there probably won't be a port of downpour.

Hey Alex,

Downpour is definitely a good game. However, there are no plans for a PC release. So if you really want to play it youll have to play it on 360 or PS3. Not my call unfortunately.

Take Care,
Devin

He has stated twice that he has no call over the matter and whoever does probably isn't contactable. So yea I'll be without this game as well. It's a shame since this is the first half way decent game since 4(arguably 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickq2007 View Post
I'd love to see Downpour and the new releases of Silent Hill 2 and 3 come to steam. It's unlikely, but, still.

So I started a Steam group related to this. Go join.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NotAPetitionISwear
You don't want the new releases of the old games. First off because the already existent pc versions are better anyway. They already run higher than the ps3 and xbox can handle. Second because you'd be funding the people who

1. don't deserve money since it's not their project it's team silent's and they butchered it

2. Have been making terrible games for a while now.

Also the voices are redone for 3 and overall the project just looks like compared to the original.

Last edited by amp5566: 03-31-2012 at 10:51 AM.
amp5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Nightwalker83

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp5566 View Post
They didn't sell them, Konami are ones ing up the series ever since Team Silent left.
Yeah, I just check the team silent wiki about it. However, it doesn't explain why the hell they didn't do a proper job at checking the pc port for errors. That is one of a publishers jobs right, to check things for errors before they get released? They seem to be better developers than publishers in my opinion.
Nightwalker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
Alienware Gamer

Its too early to tell if it will come to PC as its Unreal SDK content its possible in several months its all down to whether or not Konami think they can make a profit after paying the QA time on this.

To port would be easy Konami own the content all they have to do is turn that over to a skilled Unreal SDK port team it does not even need any input from the console coders (who did a poor job @ optimising).

Its probably 50/50 right now all depends on 1st 2 weeks sales in EU on console if those are low its unlikely but Konami have mishandled Silent Hill series eversince disbanding Team Silent in 2004 so perhaps low console sales=PC port regardless its not like Konami have any decent producers of PC content right now & please if your reading this Konami get someone new who understand the PC it will bring you more sales do not just 1:1 the console version. Alan Wake sold over 500,000 copies in 1 month on PC Silent Hill Downpour could do around 50-75,000 on Steam alone @ full price PC gamers in general like survival horror games & Steam sales mean you can sell this for up to 2 years in digital sales if the price is right obviously!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
willisverynice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp5566 View Post
To those interested in this
http://www.facebook.com/dshatsky
Spam the hell outta him he doesn't directly hold influence over the choice but he is the highest up that you can reach if we get the message across we can get what we want here. Downpour is a good game and we don't deserve to be screwed over for this.
I would advise against harassing private citizens via facebook who you claimed yourself "doesn't directly hold influence over the choice".

Although not illegal, it is extremely disrespectful and not to mention pointless.

Last edited by willisverynice: 04-24-2012 at 08:21 AM.
willisverynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
Substancer

I really wish they would. I own 2, 3, The Room, and Homecoming on PC.
Substancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #13
whitknight25

This guy does a ton of open game play reviews and the game looks fine to me on consoles..I don't see any real reason why not to port it.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=IuiPCA...ext-season&s=1
whitknight25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #14
Alienware Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitknight25 View Post
This guy does a ton of open game play reviews and the game looks fine to me on consoles..I don't see any real reason why not to port it.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=IuiPCA...ext-season&s=1
Its UT3 engine based all Konami have to do is pay to QA this on PC with drivers/DRM so probably outsourced well under £100k its not like its a new game engine is it

Konami should do this ASAP in time for Halloween it would sell enough to make a profit for sure on PC & sell afterwards on Halloween/Winter sales for a few years to come. No brainer decision but japanese publishers do not understand the PC market so its still 50/50 but no news so only Konami know the answer right now.

Personally I hope yes but if no news by late summer thats probably a no which would be a shame as only PC can bring this content to life the way its meant to be played (come on Nvidia you helped Konami on Silent Hill2 & have your logos all over it your needed here now ASAP!!)
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
Feriku

I would be pleased to see it come to PC, and more likely to buy it, as well.
Feriku is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Silent Hill: Homecoming