Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gemini Rue

Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
kalirion

How is Gemini Rue compared to the Blackwell series?

Just burned through the 4 Blackwell games and enjoyed them a lot.

How does Gemini Rue compare? I gotta say I'm not exactly excited at the prospect of combat in my point&click adventure games - always leaned more towards the Wits Path....
Old 01-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #2
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
They are different types of stories so everyone's opinion will vary, but I can safely say there is no combat in Blackwell.
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadjetEye View Post
I can safely say there is no combat in Blackwell.
Sure there is! What about Joey and the Countess? Now there was a hairraising fight!
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Maverik770

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalirion View Post
Just burned through the 4 Blackwell games and enjoyed them a lot.

How does Gemini Rue compare? I gotta say I'm not exactly excited at the prospect of combat in my point&click adventure games - always leaned more towards the Wits Path....
I'm the opposite as I just started the Blackwell series and played through Gemini Rue first. I'm loving the Blackwell saga so far but I just started the first one. Gemini Rue, for me, was amazing. I'm a huge Sci-Fi fan and the retro style and story of Gemini Rue are just superb. I really got into the story and the characters. The combat is really simple but yet quite enjoyable. I actually really enjoyed having some form of combat in a point & click adventure game for a change.

The really nice thing about the combat in game is that it is NOT over used at all. There are actually only 8 or 9 shooting sequences in the entire game and they are always very short and completely within the context of the story. Each combat sequence has a reason for why it occurred and fits right into the plot line of what is happening. That's why the combat sequences are so great. You never have random enemies just fighting you for no reason. Every single encounter in the game is part of the story and makes perfect sense for why it is happening. It's a Sci-Fi detective/mystery/noir crime story, so having a few well placed shoot outs feels just perfect and really adds to the game and story in my opinion.

If you enjoy point & click adventure games, Sci-Fi, great retro styled indie games and a great story then you should really do yourself a favor and play through Gemini Rue. It's awesome.
Maverik770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
kalirion

Thanks Maverik! It'll be the next adventure game I play then
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
Maverik770

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalirion View Post
Thanks Maverik! It'll be the next adventure game I play then
You're welcome Kalirion! I think you will be happy with your decision.
Maverik770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Piez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik770 View Post
I'm the opposite as I just started the Blackwell series and played through Gemini Rue first. I'm loving the Blackwell saga so far but I just started the first one. Gemini Rue, for me, was amazing. I'm a huge Sci-Fi fan and the retro style and story of Gemini Rue are just superb. I really got into the story and the characters. The combat is really simple but yet quite enjoyable. I actually really enjoyed having some form of combat in a point & click adventure game for a change.

The really nice thing about the combat in game is that it is NOT over used at all. There are actually only 8 or 9 shooting sequences in the entire game and they are always very short and completely within the context of the story. Each combat sequence has a reason for why it occurred and fits right into the plot line of what is happening. That's why the combat sequences are so great. You never have random enemies just fighting you for no reason. Every single encounter in the game is part of the story and makes perfect sense for why it is happening. It's a Sci-Fi detective/mystery/noir crime story, so having a few well placed shoot outs feels just perfect and really adds to the game and story in my opinion.

If you enjoy point & click adventure games, Sci-Fi, great retro styled indie games and a great story then you should really do yourself a favor and play through Gemini Rue. It's awesome.
This.

I really enjoyed this game.
Piez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
icedude90

awesome game also the combat fits.
icedude90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gemini Rue