Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Atom Zombie Smasher

Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
quodlibet79

Question Campaign mode? How many hours to complete in single player?

Hi.

Does this game have a campaign? If so, how many hours does it take to complete?

Thanks for helping.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
FstyMcBeefpunch

honestly? first play thru, I failed and Zed won about an hour in. 2nd playthru, I won and Zed failed about an hour in. Were they each one of the best hours I've played in video games lately? yes. Will I keep playing? yes. should you buy it? up to you, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had paid $20 on it instead of the $3.40 I did spend on it
FstyMcBeefpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
quodlibet79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FstyMcBeefpunch View Post
honestly? first play thru, I failed and Zed won about an hour in. 2nd playthru, I won and Zed failed about an hour in. Were they each one of the best hours I've played in video games lately? yes. Will I keep playing? yes. should you buy it? up to you, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had paid $20 on it instead of the $3.40 I did spend on it
So, about one hour for each play through?
quodlibet79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
CombatCat

Yeah, but the "Playthroughs" aren't a deep, story driven, character rich experience. It isn't a short game simply because you will keep coming back over and over to see all the crazy stuff that can happen.
CombatCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
Darvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FstyMcBeefpunch View Post
Same lost 1ste match with about 4400 against 6000. And won second match in 2023 zed against 6000 me.

Also took me 2hours in total for 2 campaign maps.

Overall DON'T BUY THIS!

You just need to put all your points in artillery and its easy win. Don't use mines, TNT because those are crap. Level up your soldiers, because a group can hold 1 line easy and move on to the second line before every zed has entered the field.
Darvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
Postius

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvo View Post
Same lost 1ste match with about 4400 against 6000. And won second match in 2023 zed against 6000 me.

Also took me 2hours in total for 2 campaign maps.

Overall DON'T BUY THIS!

You just need to put all your points in artillery and its easy win. Don't use mines, TNT because those are crap. Level up your soldiers, because a group can hold 1 line easy and move on to the second line before every zed has entered the field.
DUmb advice is Dumb.
Ive cleared whole maps with nothing but TnT and Bait. SOldiers are worthless. And since its random what you get your better off leveling everything. Or you are playing spoiled brat mode aka selecting your squads.
Postius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
emp_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvo View Post
Best not to take this advice (you can use everything to deadly effect if you use them competently.
emp_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
AlexAstartes

Quote:
Originally Posted by emp_can View Post
Best not to take this advice (you can use everything to deadly effect if you use them competently.
Agreed, all the weapons are useful, and fun to play around with. I personally favour TNT and Soldiers, but there's a lot of room to experiment.

To be honest I never really timed a play session, but I definitely had a few games where I completely lost track of time. There's some fun modifiers to play around with too, so plenty of longevity for the price.
AlexAstartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
kschang

Replayability is medium high, as random factors will affect your progress. You can play campaign with different difficulty factors, and later, use different mods.
kschang is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Atom Zombie Smasher