Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed series

Old 12-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
GoldenShadow

Arrow Work around for choppy cutscenes with VSync on here.

Its not a pretty solution, but it makes the game playable. From what I have tried for the past few hours to make the game playable with Vsync on, only this has worked.

When you force Vsync on in your graphics card, you get terrible stuttering in the cutscenes.

With Vsync off, you get terrible screen tearing in the gameplay and the cutscenes.

So what I did to fix this was force Vsync on, then you must have Fraps running and recording a movie of you playing. It completely fixes the stuttering cutscenes. I am going to set the game to record to a 1TB HDD and delete the movie file after I'm done playing. Or, you could press F9 to turn the recording on and off as you play and get to stuttering cutscenes, press f9 to turn recording on to smooth out the cutscene.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
badtrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenShadow View Post
Its not a pretty solution, but it makes the game playable. From what I have tried for the past few hours to make the game playable with Vsync on, only this has worked.

When you force Vsync on in your graphics card, you get terrible stuttering in the cutscenes.

With Vsync off, you get terrible screen tearing in the gameplay and the cutscenes.

So what I did to fix this was force Vsync on, then you must have Fraps running and recording a movie of you playing. It completely fixes the stuttering cutscenes. I am going to set the game to record to a 1TB HDD and delete the movie file after I'm done playing. Or, you could press F9 to turn the recording on and off as you play and get to stuttering cutscenes, press f9 to turn recording on to smooth out the cutscene.
Wow thats a MAD solution you got there =)

Nice find but i'll skip it, i'm not wanting to play the game this much ^^'
badtrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
EinKopfschuss

I just integrated the fps limiter program into my steam version of the force unleashed 2.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ym4g3rugdyg

You can get the fps limiter from that page, or for the more paranoid user you can google it . Extract that archive into your force unleashed 2 directory in steamapps. Find a no cd crack for version 1.01 and extract that into your force unleashed 2 folder as well.

Rename SWTFU2.exe (the crack) to whatever you want (I just used SWTFU21.exe) and rename FPS_limiter.exe to SWTFU2.exe.

In steam right click on the force unleashed 2 and add launch options. Add "/r3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\star wars the force unleashed 2\SWTFU21.exe" Note that it's "/r : D3D9" at the beginning with no spaces but obviously : and D together brings up the smiley.

Obviously this points toward my force unleashed 2 location, you need to edit that to point to your location of the game. Note that the exe on the end points to the cracked exe that you renamed earlier. Also the Steam Overlay causes the choppy cutscene bug as well so you need to turn ingame steam community off in the settings. After these changes the game runs perfectly fine for me running it through steam with vsync on and all the cutscenes play perfectly. You can't use the overlay but you can run the game through steam and it'll still log your playtime as well. I hope someone found that useful. It was the best solution for my personal needs.
EinKopfschuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
BahnNZ

Kinda fixed it...

Well, at least I've stopped it melting my graphics card putting out 400 or 500 frames per second.

EVGA Precision Panel, set target frame rate to to 90Hz, works on my GTX680, turn VSync off. Slows down the card, stops it makes nasty "Wrrrrrrrrr help me I'm melting" noises.

Still a bit of screen tearing, well awesome looking game though.
BahnNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
inautumn

Playing the game in windowed mode will solve the skipping as well. This way you can still use the 60fps unlocker, and its smooth, doesn't tear and the cutscenes don't skip.

I just made a program that makes the game launch in a full screen border less window, and it works great.
inautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
meatee

Quote:
Originally Posted by inautumn View Post
Playing the game in windowed mode will solve the skipping as well. This way you can still use the 60fps unlocker, and its smooth, doesn't tear and the cutscenes don't skip.

I just made a program that makes the game launch in a full screen border less window, and it works great.
I found a program that does just this, and it worked perfectly for me. Check this thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2675769
meatee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed series