Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Singularity

Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
Meowthemouse

Wow I am disappointed.

This game is so underrated, its much more intense than any fps I played in recent years, I loved the story and found the game play to be very engaging. The game is very atmospheric, and I hope that the game will continue to sell.

*sigh* If only more people would buy this game rather than follow lame reviews.. Maybe then Singularity 2 would become a reality..
Old 01-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
shovelface88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowthemouse View Post
This game is so underrated, its much more intense than any fps I played in recent years, I loved the story and found the game play to be very engaging. The game is very atmospheric, and I hope that the game will continue to sell.

*sigh* If only more people would buy this game rather than follow lame reviews.. Maybe then Singularity 2 would become a reality..
Couldn't agree more. I absolutely loved Singularity.
shovelface88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
Elensar

I am playing through it again as it is a fun game. I gave it 4/10 in my original steam review although I think I might have been a bit harsh. maybe 6/10 but yeah I would very much love to see a singularity II being released wish more use of the TMD device. It would have been so cool to be able to time shift at will, for example balancing between being in the past with loads of enemy soldiers after you or shift to the future to escape them only to face the horrors of the mutants.

Yeah This game is really fun and the ideas need further development.

Last edited by Elensar: 01-28-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
deeper

It gets the thumbs up from me, just finished it today, very enjoyable...more please.
deeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
s1ay3r44

The multiplayer alone was fun and had enough depth to warrant a sequel, imo. I've played the game since it was first released and I know from personal experience that most of the people who played Singularity, love it and wish for a sequel.
s1ay3r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
paulo_230

I'm about to try it again. Had it on disc (yes new) but a friend gifted to me here. I remember I got stuck at those evil bugs and I stopped. I think overall it didn't get a lot of press and shows that people want to play p 2-4 of big names, over something newer. Reviews really weren't too bad but I know it probably didn't sell enough to make a sequel.
paulo_230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Plumb_Drumb

Banned
Definitely Raven's best work, and a great game anyhow.

They need more freedom to make great games, and a bit of marketing to back them up so it sells!
Plumb_Drumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
ericL

i think it was okay. Definately not great - there were many flaws. However, i do agree that some games gets way too much attention whilst some games, like this one, are left to die.

Look at CoD for example. Haha, don't get me wrong, its a decent fps game(s) but to even compare them with Battlefield? Top selling game? i dont get it.
ericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Unknownsock

I found it to be surprisingly good. A little short I guess. Better than average but still lacking.

Story couldve been more indepth, RPG elements feel abit tacked on, and the TDM couldve been used more tactictly.

WOrth the £3 I bought it for although I wouldve been abit annoyed if I bought it at launch.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
hackman

Good Game indeed. I had quite a lot of fun palying and it felt intense. Some flaws though, and some not-so-good scenes you had to go through.
Multplayer is quite dead unfortunately and it seems that retail buyers mostly don't have the patch. Since v1.0 and 1.1 seem to be incompatible, this is a huge problem.
Also, lately i often get the "cannot connect to activision demonware servers" problems and can't play online at all.
Join my steam group if you want to play online: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/singularitymultiplayer
hackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Singularity