Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #46
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantShoot View Post
Valve can pick the ones they think are most suitable (and active) to be volunteer forums admins. Other than that, work at Valve is required.
Also, asking for it actually reduces your chances of becoming one.
MartinKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #47
yuckypants

Aha! Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that was the case, especially with random members parading around as if they were admins.

I'm certain that having that type of authority is FAR too powerful for any regular member with a chip on their shoulder.
yuckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #48
DarkLite123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelfury View Post
2. Ban any 3rd party modification of code from public servers LIVE - i.e if you are running something that isn't part of the common code on your machine, you can't access online games.
If detection like that is possible, why isn't it already in VAC and every other anti-cheat out there?
DarkLite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #49
csokeee16

Congratulations to this exceptional VAC.
But, unfortunately, is not worth anything.
The MW3 was a waste of money out the window.
You can not enjoy the game a lot of the Cheater.
There is nothing in the hands of the admins, not weeks from now would require the intervention of people!!
csokeee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #50
H3b

At least Valve searching Software Engineer—Anti-Cheat..thats sounds pretty good ....
http://www.valvesoftware.com/jobs/job_postings.html
H3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #51
Misguided

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAkIn View Post
I sent many of them more than 1 year ago, still undetected.
So this whole send them links is another "useless, but we hope it makes you feel better feature". Like Steam/VAC doesn't have enough of them
Misguided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #52
Snhr

1. You guys have no idea how hard it is to detect a cheat in a game. Seriously,there are so many ways to cheat or to get around the system. There will always be exploits and hackers will always be there to exploit them. It's true with any software. That's why there are job professions like security experts. I'm not sure how Infinity Ward has the servers set up but obviously it isn't working if there are this many cheats.

2. The issues that you guys are having are mainly issues that only Infinity Ward can fix. Valve cannot modify the code in Call of Duty and they cannot tell them how to run their servers. If anything, my experience with Counter-Strike: Source has been that Valve's system works extremely well and yet nobody really cares. I have barely seen any hacks in the game and if there is then it's usually fixed by calling an admin to kick him or there is an admin currently in the server. If anything, Valve puts time into their games and even though CSS was released in 2005 I would still consider it modern due to the updates it receives 6 years after it was released. How long does Infinity Ward support their games? Long enough to get them done?

3. When you want to get a point across and actually get people to take you seriously you have to write in a way that's easy to understand and not words that seem like they sound good together when you repeat them. Grammar is always important and it makes you seem more of a credible person to listen to, even when you have no idea what you're talking about (I'm not saying that you don't, but using proper grammar always helps an argument). By typing without punctuation and proper grammar while complaining about something you don't know that much about how much attention do you think the issue is going to get? How willing are people to cooperate and help you when they don't know if they should take you seriously or not?

Last edited by Snhr: 02-07-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Snhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #53
Misguided

Be reasonable Snhr, both Valve and Activision are extremely profitable companies with large access to resources. It may be hard to detect cheats, but I seriously doubts its beyond the technical ability of Valve or Activision. I suspect its more of a monetary decision by VAC/Activision than a technical issue.
Misguided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #54
Snhr

Is that your reply? I see you've addressed several of my points with a strong counter-argument. I may not be an expert in the field but I have been interested in it for a while now and know enough to come up with a good idea of how cheating is handled.

I am being reasonable, you're the one that's denying facts for your personal opinion when talking about a subject that is no way subjective.

If it is a monetary decision (I have no opinion on this, it might or might not be) then it is a problem with Infinity Ward themselves. They released a game, and it is their duty to fix it when these kinds of things occur. Not Valves. Not VACs. If VAC doesn't work like it should, then Infinity Ward should fix their own problems by implementing their own security features to prevent people hacking and cheating in their game.

Quote:
If you believe a player is cheating in a server the recommendation is that you contact the administration team for that specific server in order to report the possible cheater. This will allow the administration team for the server investigate the possible cheater in more depth and take whatever action they feel is appropriate.
Found this in the stickied thread in this forum.

Last edited by Snhr: 02-07-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Snhr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion