Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Half-Life DS (Windows)

Old 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
bmx500

Question problems with my HDLS SERVER IP

hi guys recently i have made an HDLS SERVER for cs 1.6 i set-up it right as it should be and it worked i opened port on my router so other can join me
and tested it with some friends i live in morocco the server samed worked just fine with my frineds away from my location about 180km
the problem is with my global IP taht it Supposed not to change after 24 hours i contact this morning my isp to fix my global ip with an other meaning changing it from dynamic to static but sounds like they dont do that job it's not allowed

so waht's the plan please help me. i have a question please waht is the difference between HLDS server that any one can make and payed game server
Old 02-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Ancient1

This means that each time your router is rebooted, your ISP will assign you with a new IP from within its 'IP Pool'.

The server will work just fine, but you will need to get the new external IP that your router is now using.

You can find out your external IP here : http://www.whatsmyip.org/

Then let your friends know what this new IP is.

Ancient
Ancient1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
forrestparkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
You can also now just google "what is my ip". They recently added that feature to their search.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
bmx500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
This means that each time your router is rebooted, your ISP will assign you with a new IP from within its 'IP Pool'.

The server will work just fine, but you will need to get the new external IP that your router is now using.

Then let your friends know what this new IP is.

Ancient
guys i think you got me rong that external IP it is the problem i will explaine to you ok
like today i got on my HDLS server 25 players 5 of them friends and the others i dont know how they are any way all of them add my ip xx.xx.xxx.x on the sever list on ther games the next day whene they tryed to get to my server agine a message pop up saying that the server is unavailable taht is normal my ip has changed so taht you can make a public server taht any one and anytime can join it without lossing the ip that i gived them befor
bmx500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
forrestparkay

There's nothing you can do about that. Your ISP gets to decide how often you get a new IP address, and unfortunately for you it looks like they decided you get a new on ever 24 hours. The only thing you can do is advertise your new IP address some how (like tell all your friends about it or something)
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #6
pizzahut

You can get a paid server as you already mentioned in your starting post. Those have a static IP.

Another advantage of a paid server is that it won't matter if your PC is used for other things, while with a server hosted on your PC it might lag other players.
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
bmx500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post
You can get a paid server as you already mentioned in your starting post. Those have a static IP.

Another advantage of a paid server is that it won't matter if your PC is used for other things, while with a server hosted on your PC it might lag other players.
this waht iam up to 25 players with 12 bucks for month this a good deal i will take it from gameserver.com is it good provider and thanks guys for helping on this issue one last qustion are these server use the same HDLS program waht i mean is the controling of the server
bmx500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
pizzahut

I haven't tried them but I think they're good. You will get a user friendly control panel so you don't have to mess around with the HLDS directly.
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Half-Life DS (Windows)