Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Polynomial, The

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Lobonaut

Game loses focus every 3-30 seconds

I just installed Polynomial today, and there are no graphical/performance issues at all, except that the game would minimize randomly every few seconds. I tried the game in windowed mode, and the mouse cursor would lose focus to desktop every few seconds. In one minute this could happen anywhere from 1-20 times.

Also, whenever the game is running in the background, and I'm working in a program like chrome or word, the program would also lose focus to the desktop every 10-30 seconds; like I would be typing a sentence and all of a sudden I would hear the annoying windows beeps and i'm typing into nothing.

I've had the problem before but with ALL programs, and fixed it by disabling the windows 7 aero interface. I've tried it again, but The Polynomial always still causes every program running to lose focus to desktop.

Thanks in advance for any info or tips!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Dmytry

The Polynomial Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobonaut View Post
I just installed Polynomial today, and there are no graphical/performance issues at all, except that the game would minimize randomly every few seconds. I tried the game in windowed mode, and the mouse cursor would lose focus to desktop every few seconds. In one minute this could happen anywhere from 1-20 times.

Also, whenever the game is running in the background, and I'm working in a program like chrome or word, the program would also lose focus to the desktop every 10-30 seconds; like I would be typing a sentence and all of a sudden I would hear the annoying windows beeps and i'm typing into nothing.

I've had the problem before but with ALL programs, and fixed it by disabling the windows 7 aero interface. I've tried it again, but The Polynomial always still causes every program running to lose focus to desktop.

Thanks in advance for any info or tips!
That is bizarre. Never seen a bug like this. I think it is either some sort of windows thing that you accidentally activated, something accessibility related, or a third party software issue.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Lobonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmytry View Post
That is bizarre. Never seen a bug like this. I think it is either some sort of windows thing that you accidentally activated, something accessibility related, or a third party software issue.
hm...yea its really odd, especially since it only happens when The Polynomial is open. Probably conflicting processes, but i'm running a pretty clean install of windows 7
Lobonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
reptaint

I have the same issue have you found a resolution?
reptaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Dmytry

The Polynomial Team
Never managed to reproduce it. I don't switch focus from anywhere to anywhere within polynomial, so it must be something else switching the focus. Does it happen only in full screen or also in windowed mode?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Polynomial, The