Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SkyDrift

Old 01-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Eberem

Smile Let's say something good about Skydrift

I see a lot of complaining about multiplayer desyncing and graphical problems, and while i agree that its a bad problem to have in any game, i think a lot of people overlook how much fun this game is to play.

For my experiences with the desync issues, every 50 races or so i play online, only 3 or 4 of them get desynced, mainly when there is 6 people or more racing.

For anyone considering buying this game, if you enjoy racing i would definitely recommend Skydrift.

But lets be positive here, what do you enjoy about Skydrift? And what do you think could be added to improve the game?

I personally think more tracks or being able to create our own would do this game wonders.

Also, who is the best racer you have seen online?

Last edited by Eberem: 01-17-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
NC37

I just finally got around to playing it after picking it up on the sales. Really satisfied with the purchase. See a lot of inspiration taken from Wipeout but the core gameplay is there and it is good. This is what Dogfighter could have been had they chosen to go a racer design.
NC37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
desyphur

Don't know who the best racer I've seen is, but so far, this game is like Mario Kart in planes, which is EXACTLY what I wanted. Amazing, frustrating sometimes because I'm using the keyboard, but amazing
desyphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Roguetwo

The game itself is solid and fun. I'm half way in the single player mode and the races have become really challenging and exciting. Missiles and bullets everywhere on the screen while you are maneuvering trough the course and you need a lot more strategy to use the shields and repairs items.

If they fix the online mode I could say no doubt this is one of my favorite games on Steam.
Roguetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Lavalampdrinker

good game but multiplayer needs to be fixed.
Lavalampdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #6
MoonshineFox

The game is absolutely stellar, in my opinion. It's as close to a perfect racing game you can get (minus progression), but as many have said before; The multiplayer must be fixed. Right now, I haven't touched it for weeks
MoonshineFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Nobodo

I find SkyDrift to be a blast to play. I have never tried to play online, and probably never will. There really aren't enough games that I am good enough at to not just get frustrated online, and I'm sure SkyDrift is one of those.
Nobodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
PurSpyk!!

Great game, they just need to show the controller keys instead of the keyboard, if the controller is selected as the control method.
PurSpyk!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
zeroready

I love this game! Finally got it last night and I can't put it down. Tried the demo once with mouse and keyboard and it seemed too difficult to control, but I recently got a joystick so I gave Skydrift another shot. Glad I did. Solid racing game, good controls (with joystick) great graphics, satisfying kills. Love it.

But I haven't been able to join a multiplayer game. Just keeps searching in the lobby. I've heard about all the issues with MP but I wanna try!

Please someone get on and race me!
zeroready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
T@F

Great game and love playing it.
Just a shame we have to pay extra for extra online play.
T@F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #11
Kowalski777

Purchased this a few days ago so haven't played loads yet but so far really impressed with the game.

Races are very fun and weapons and power ups seem to be very well balanced.

Graphics look great and have a nice balance between arcade and realism.

Online has been a bit patchy but when it works, boy does it work. Haven't had this much fun in an online racing game in ages.
Kowalski777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
Getahaircut

Im yet to play multiplayer, just going through single. Loving this game. Now that I'm used to controls, it's a lot of fun... good thrust and speed physics and feel of craft.

I prefer to play using keyboard than 360 wireless controller - just feels safer and better control using arrow keys and A-Z for throttle, shift and x for hard left and right. q,w,space,alt keys all within easy reach for other actions.
great arcade shooter - classic effects and action. 9/10
Getahaircut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SkyDrift