Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III

Old 02-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
OzLefty76

Want to buy but $10 is far too much for this ancient game

Waiting for a sale on Morrowind. %50 off would be great if the default price wasn't the ridiculous $20. Put the normal price down to $10 and then put it on sale for 50% off and I'll buy.

I got Oblivion for under $10 ages ago. I'm not paying more for Morrowind.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
Karthis

Many fans of the series (especially those who played Morrowind when it came out) will tell you Morrowind is an overall more superior game. There is far more to do in the core game than Oblivion. I'd still pay $20 for Morrowind.

The grievances most have with Morrowind are with the UI (which I really didn't mind), the graphics and the combat system. The story, level design and everything else is superior to Oblivion imo.

Then Skyrim came out and the argument didn't matter.
Karthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
OzLefty76

It's still old and superseded and should be cheaper than Oblivion.

If they want me to buy it, that is.
OzLefty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
JustRed

Age has nothing to do with it, it appeals to the masses, and since Morrowind is still selling plenty of copies, all these years later...

Unfortunately they won't make it cheaper just to make one person buy it, when the masses see it for what it is: A damn good game at a reasonable price. I'd pay full for it....if I wasn't skint
JustRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Snhr

10$ is too little for Morrowind.

It's longer than most games that come out today. The story is great. It's better than Oblivion. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's not worth the money.
Snhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Mr.Fister

Morrowind is worth way more than $10. Skyrim on the other hand is worth around $10.
Mr.Fister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
Snhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fister View Post
Morrowind is worth way more than $10. Skyrim on the other hand is worth around $10.
That's just negative. Skyrim was worth the 60$ I paid for it. Yeah sure, it has problems, a lot of them. I still got more value out of it than any game I've bought in a while.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
Beldred

I'm also waiting for a 5$ deal.
Beldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #9
Karthis

$5 won't happen for a long time. $10 is a steal for Morrowind. It's been $20 for an incredibly long time because it sells that well.
Karthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #10
hayali_icraat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthis View Post
$10 is a steal for Morrowind. It's been $20 for an incredibly long time because it sells that well.
^^This. Age is a factor in game prices. Content is another factor. Morrowind's content is bigger and better than Oblivion. OP stated in another thread that he/she bought Oblivion for 7$. So 10$ for Morrowind is just right.

Quote:
It's still old and superseded and should be cheaper than Oblivion.
Oblivion and Skyrim superseded Morrowind? That's... interesting. Bethesda didn't (and considering market conditions probably won't) make a game that supersedes Morrowind imo.
hayali_icraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
Snhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayali_icraat View Post
Oblivion and Skyrim superseded Morrowind? That's... interesting. Bethesda didn't (and considering market conditions probably won't) make a game that supersedes Morrowind imo.
They probably won't, and I'm fine with that. The mechanics they put into their games are unseen by any other developer and I really enjoy their games no matter how buggy they get. Yeah, Skyrim can't compare to Morrowind in almost any category but there's no reason it should be compared to Morrowind. It's a fun game by itself. They changed, and it's alright.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
JustRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snhr View Post
That's just negative. Skyrim was worth the 60$ I paid for it. Yeah sure, it has problems, a lot of them. I still got more value out of it than any game I've bought in a while.
you just....that! exactly what you just said! If you can pay $60 for something, and still feel like you got your moneys worth, then why are you complaining about morrowinds price? Its a fraction of that, and most people would say its better....more for less....
JustRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
thedeadlymoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRed View Post
you just....that! exactly what you just said! If you can pay $60 for something, and still feel like you got your moneys worth, then why are you complaining about morrowinds price? Its a fraction of that, and most people would say its better....more for less....
I love Skyrim, and I don't understand the hate for it from some Morrowind fans, but Morrowind is still fan-freaking-tastic. Sure it's got some downsides but ultimately I'd rank it on par with Skyrim. I love Oblivion but I'd rank it slightly below both Morrowind and Skyrim, ultimately (if only the creativity from Shivering Isles has permeated the entire game).

I just bought Morrowind at this sale price and I feel positively gleeful to have gotten it for such a steal. Even though I still probably won't tear myself away from Skyrim for a while
thedeadlymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #14
BeachGaara

I was fully prepared to buy this (and Oblivion GotY Deluxe)... just as I was doing the buying my account crapped out, loggedo ut and wouldn't let me in then my pc threw a fit and wouldnt retart for an hour. I refuse to pay full price now on principle. So I only have to wait about 70 years now for it to go on sale again. Was really looking forward to finally playing Morrowind too.

FML.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #15
thedeadlymoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaara View Post
I was fully prepared to buy this (and Oblivion GotY Deluxe)... just as I was doing the buying my account crapped out, loggedo ut and wouldn't let me in then my pc threw a fit and wouldnt retart for an hour. I refuse to pay full price now on principle. So I only have to wait about 70 years now for it to go on sale again. Was really looking forward to finally playing Morrowind too.

FML.
Sales history predicts it will be 50% off again sometime this year. I know, I know, small comfort, but it's not 70 years. More like 11 months at worst.
thedeadlymoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III