Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Evochron Mercenary

Old 02-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Spattercat

Question for people that've played

So, wondering... my playstyle would lead me to exploring, relentlessly. The main thing that's keeping me from taking the chance on this game (not because of quality concerns, but because it's a new genre for me and the demo was thrilling, but daunting) is my concern that it'll become a game of mining mining mining. I know fuel becomes a concern, when trying to get "further" into space.

I guess my question is: is it possible to produce your own fuel? Or will it always be necessary to return to the nearest anyone else has managed to progress? What's to prevent me from being hours, and hours and hours away from the nearest human pilot? Is there an end to the known universe?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
GoldenShadow

There are multiple ways to obtain fuel.
With the right tech upgrades(which are expensive) you can buy fuel converter which lets you 'mine' a star's corona or a nebula for fuel particles. You get +1 fuel per tick, so its a bit slow.

Later on, you can build fuel stations that are stationary, but you can build them where ever you want. They provide unlimited fuel by converting energy to fuel. (I haven't done this yet, but I read its possible)

Or the fastest, easiest way is to dock at a station or city and refuel for the small fee.
GoldenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Spattercat

Thanks. I'm thinking about, you know, out where there may be no stations (out past Pearl, maybe?). I anticipate it would take some time before I'm capable of that, but as incentive, it can't be beat. Great to know the fuel converter exists, and is an option. Could it go on any ship type?
Spattercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
countjimula

It can go on just about any ship, for traveling I would get the biggest fuel tank, , tractor beam and fuel converter (to make fuel), and finally a Deploy Constructor to make temporary fuel stations.
countjimula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
GoldenShadow

I just made the long trip to Earth. Its faster to buy a Trade station to buy fuel. Making fuel yourself is cheaper, but it takes a very long time to fill up. I ended up making 2 trade stations. When I got around 200 fuel left. I build a new one to buy more fuel.
GoldenShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
tsepmeT ehT

I just drop past the local system station pick up some Countermeasures and Fuel. I always have the largest possible fuel tank for this reason to,
my playstyle thus far has dictated going through a sheeiet load of fuel as i turbo in the direction i want to go and then turn IDSx1 off so im bookin to most destinations at around 4000 lol

i really love the fuel limitations. it puts a new spin on the game as you really have to plan ahead almost like a real pilot.
tsepmeT ehT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Evochron Mercenary