Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
MrCrunk

Exclamation VALVE ANTI CHEAT FAIL

People using macros to bind sprint+jump apparently is OK? Unless you are missing a couple of fingers on your hand it's incredibly easy to press shift+space. I find this appalling that Valve allows this in such a skill based game and it's absolutely unacceptable to me that I and others who have played this for years have to deal with these pansies hopping all over the map. Using macros in certain games can enhance the experience (like co-op games perhaps), but in this game it is CHEATING. I hope Valve is aware of this and need to do something about it. These pricks will even admit to using them and then brag about having top frags. This has been going on for years and it needs to come to an end.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
metroid756

I doubt the prevention of macros are very high on Valve's non-existant list of things to fix... Nor do they seem to have any desire to patch the game in a helpful way.

I doubt these people are actually using macros, since you still have to move the mouse to bunnyhop/speedskate effectively, however using the cheat impulse 51 (spawn supplies) is cheating... And can be used on any server.
metroid756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
henk717

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid756 View Post
however using the cheat impulse 51 (spawn supplies) is cheating... And can be used on any server.
This statement is not true.
There are many server protection plugins that block off this command and the one i personally use is Cheat Control.

As for the macro's i do not think such things will ever be patched as it is build into the game engine.

Its very easy to rebind key's this way.
henk717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Ghost Dog

Script users are the worst bunnyhoppers to ever exist, it fails extremely hard.

I don't agree with using them but they aren't effective at all in this game, they're downright funny to watch.
Ghost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
gtamike123

The OB update came out over a year ago so people has adjusted to new movement.
Also now bunnyhop it's very key about timing than before ob update.
gtamike123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
hwxlhrider

Yeah we who only play the game for fun are feeling like the bunny hoppers are hogging the servers and won't let anyone else find a conventional way to get a fair shot off. "Macro's" "Hoppers "and invincible aimbots? what the heck are those anyway? The last time I checked servers were free and if I could I would take my complaint to the server myself if they would even acknowledge my free will to use their particular server and show me some respect by communicating rationally.
hwxlhrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
THE Nakedgun

Banned
You can stop the impulse exploit without plugins by adding this to the server config
sk_dynamic_resupply_modifier 0

no one will ever get banned for macros most people that have a gaming mouse/keyboard will be banned just for installing their drivers.

Last edited by THE Nakedgun: 02-05-2012 at 07:56 AM.
THE Nakedgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwxlhrider View Post
Yeah we who only play the game for fun are feeling like the bunny hoppers are hogging the servers and won't let anyone else find a conventional way to get a fair shot off. "Macro's" "Hoppers "and invincible aimbots? what the heck are those anyway? The last time I checked servers were free and if I could I would take my complaint to the server myself if they would even acknowledge my free will to use their particular server and show me some respect by communicating rationally.

huh?...I'm not sure I quite understand your comment. If the server is a public server does that not allow anyone of any skill to join?
If the people paying for the servers want a certain type of play then it is their choice. Unfortunately this is an old game where most of the people left are very good and to those who hate a challenge or taking the time to learn a game it will be an unpleasant experience.

Last edited by Nutz: 03-09-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
gtamike123

muahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42tpYmtLBs
gtamike123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
Lock_Out

Banned
I feel you hwxlhrider. This is why I dont play HL2 Deathmatch anymore.

Nowadays I play only Zombie Panic Source and there they recently got fixed most cases of this b-hop problem (even tho that wasnt a big issue for ZPS) so that u dont get any speed boost at all jumping like this.
Lock_Out is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Deathmatch