Old 01-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #76
jason_goldenboy

Documents\My Games\FormulaOne
jason_goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #77
stillwater78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_flute View Post
I went through the season up to the last race before I experienced a save file corruption. I am running the game through steam. Can anyone tell me where the save game files are located in order that I can manually back them up.
3 out of the previous 3 posts (if you don't count jason_goldenboy above) said that their game corrupted right at the end of a season. I'm thinking that a good rule of thumb for anyone reading this would be to always back up your saves as you near the end of a season.
stillwater78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #78
jason_goldenboy

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwater78 View Post
3 out of the previous 3 posts (if you don't count jason_goldenboy above) said that their game corrupted right at the end of a season. I'm thinking that a good rule of thumb for anyone reading this would be to always back up your saves as you near the end of a season.
Happens all the time for me, i did manage a whole season once and accepted contract with red bull and did not manage to load the save from then on. Usually i can load the save game after several failed attempts though
jason_goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #79
budakhan

I'm getting steady autosave corruption, especially a repeating corruption which occurs if I exit the game following the race at England... first time I've hit a repeating circumstance.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #80
zaphodikus

Please don't tell me this has still not been fixed? Dirt 2 launcher says corrupt game files, how the hell it knows is a bit puzzling since there is no 'my documents\codemasters\dirt2' save game folder for this user. But on my other windows profile this works. If Dirt2 tries to get into that folder by hard-coding the profile location into a file, it will be hitting security walls. Guaranteed one user on windows cannot acess another user's files... so is the game just not designed for Windows, hence the GFWL?

Win7 x64
zaphodikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #81
zaphodikus

Hmmm finding the "check game files" button is not that easy, right-click on the game, select "Properties" Duh. Then click on the correct tab and find the "Local Files" tab. Chick the button. It then tells me it wants to spend almost 2 hours downloading 6000 odd corrupt files. Files that I know are not corrupt at all, since if I logon to another Windows profile, the game runs fine. If this "sync" breaks my game I am going to be harassing Codemasters.
zaphodikus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2010