Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The

Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
eveningninja

The chest after mom's heart

After killing mom's heart, I skipped the huge chest that dropped and immediately proceeded down to The Womb II in hopes of beating Satan. I skipped the chest because last time I opened it, the game ended(?) and credits rolled, and I was afraid that would happen again and I wouldn't have had an opportunity to battle Satan. But once Satan is unlocked, does opening that huge chest give me some kind of item or buff or something? I just don't want to be missing out on some kind of item =p

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
jareddm3

I'm going to assume this is only your second time beating the game, as after you beat the game 10 times (ie. open the chest after fighting mom's heart) that chest will stop appearing and you'll instead get a trapdoor down to Sheol. However, if a satan room happens to appear after beating mom's heart, it does give you a chance to go down to Sheol earlier than your 10th win. Personally, I never did this because I felt it was taking advantage of the game and that Sheol is something you should get only after beating the game 10 times. That said, every time you beat the game up to your 10th time, you'll unlock a new item and a new game ending.
jareddm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
fnordzwodrei

There's another possibility to enter sheol early, happened to me:

Telepills on Womb II took me to the I AM ERROR room, the trap door there leads to the next level immediately. So my first Satan kill was on my 4th or 5th run through the Womb. (unskilled, but overpowered )
fnordzwodrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
eveningninja

Ah okay, yeah I had a Satan Room open after beating Mom's Heart, and just assumed that was the regular way of getting down there. So, because I skipped the chest and went through the Satan room and died during the Satan battle, does that mean I still have only technically "beaten the game" once? Because I only opened that chest once?
eveningninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Darakin

It still counts.

You can even watch the ending video you missed.
Darakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
Nicco

If you manage to get to Sheol and kill Satan before you killed Mom's Heart 10 times, you'll still unlock the item you were supposed to get if you touch the chest on the Womb 2. Failing to kill Satan will still net you the item.

On top of that, killing Satan will always unlock Ending 11 at any time, even before you unlock Ending 10 or any subsequent ending, and it will count as an additional game completion.
For reference check the timestamps when I completed the game for the second time and third time.
Nicco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
The Lunatic25

The item you would have gotten is unlocked even if you go down in Sheol; if you can kill Satan before killing Mom's Heart/It Lives 10 times, it counts as another Mom kill, and actually makes it so you have to kill Mom's Heart LESS times!

I managed to do this on my 3rd Mom's Heart kill, and it unlocked endings 3, 4, and 11. Felt good to unlock all those goodies, even took a screenshot of how many endings I had at the time.
The Lunatic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
eveningninja

Thanks guys.

Another question: Does your first playthrough, just killing Mom, as Isaac, count as "completing the full game?" Because if so, I don't think my runthrough with Eve when I got to Sheoul through the Satan room and then died fighting him counted as a completion. I also don't have an achievement for "completing the full game with Eve."

So far I've killed Mom w/ Isaac, killed Mom's Heart w/ Maggy, and then attemptd Satan w/ Eve and died.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything because I love this game and want to get all the achievements haha. I've not care about achievements with any other game except this one for some reason.

Last edited by eveningninja: 02-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
1nvisible~

Quote:
Another question: Does your first playthrough, just killing Mom, as Isaac, count as "completing the full game?"
No. It only unlocks The Womb and "I killed Mom" achievement.
1nvisible~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
eveningninja

So there's no "complete the game with Eve" achievement. only complete Sheoul with Eve? I don't really understand why when there's an achievement for completing mom's heart with like every other character XD
Old 02-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
Epidemilk

There is...killing Mom's Heart with Eve unlocks the razor blade
Epidemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #12
The Lunatic25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningninja View Post
So there's no "complete the game with Eve" achievement. only complete Sheoul with Eve? I don't really understand why when there's an achievement for completing mom's heart with like every other character XD
Mom's Heart/It Lives:

Isaac = Nothing
Maggy = The Cross
Cain = Penny Bag
??? = D6
Judas = Robo-Baby
Eve = Razor Blade

Satan:

Isaac = Mom's Knife
Maggy = Guardian Angel
Cain = Bomb Bag
??? = Forget Me Now
Judas = Monster Manual
Eve = Demon Baby

Hope this helps!
The Lunatic25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The