Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SPORE

Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
flipflopfloop

This game is kinda boring.

I was expecting something more like that snes game "EVO"

let me elaborate a bit more, it seems that at every stage of life there's about 2-3 things to do and you do them until you move onto the the next stage.

There's really no sense of management or anything like that, or even action or adventure. It's like a game for little kids.

Last edited by flipflopfloop: 12-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Kmolson

Unhappy The Potential of Spore

Yeah, Spore was a little disappointing. I don't think it reached its full potential. Did you know that Will Wright left to work on another game before Spore was finished? I think Will Wright envisioned a better game, but EA does cram in time and releases games before their finished. I mean, it's okay when I game is updated to fix glitches and stuff, but I think expansions are unnecessary, and Spore had a few.
Also, they took out a few stages, like the aquatic stage and the city stage.

And you really don't have any freedom either. You have to do the same thing every time, and your creature has so many limitations. Realistically, it's not necessarily the mouth that changes the diet, it's the digestive system. You have no control of your creatures interior. And all the creatures look cartoony any kiddy. Btw, the original rating of Spore was "Teen". There was blood and realistic deaths, and you could actually drag your prey, and they would make a trail of blood. But the rating was unnecessarily dropped down to "E+10". Now when a creature died, it falls into a clump of... something.

This video is an example of Spore's potential, the way Will Wright envisioned it, before EA messed it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
Kmolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
happypumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmolson View Post
Yeah, Spore was a little disappointing. I don't think it reached its full potential. Did you know that Will Wright left to work on another game before Spore was finished? I think Will Wright envisioned a better game, but EA does cram in time and releases games before their finished. I mean, it's okay when I game is updated to fix glitches and stuff, but I think expansions are unnecessary, and Spore had a few.
Also, they took out a few stages, like the aquatic stage and the city stage.

And you really don't have any freedom either. You have to do the same thing every time, and your creature has so many limitations. Realistically, it's not necessarily the mouth that changes the diet, it's the digestive system. You have no control of your creatures interior. And all the creatures look cartoony any kiddy. Btw, the original rating of Spore was "Teen". There was blood and realistic deaths, and you could actually drag your prey, and they would make a trail of blood. But the rating was unnecessarily dropped down to "E+10". Now when a creature died, it falls into a clump of... something.

This video is an example of Spore's potential, the way Will Wright envisioned it, before EA messed it up.
oh my god that looked amazing
happypumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Lord Yuveryus

Half-Life is a game for little kids. You are forced to beat up headcrabs, zombies and other aliens.
Lord Yuveryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
Redboy

Yes gameplay in Spore was terrbile although it excellent I like this creation spore you build awesome spore and proudly display that it.

Spore gameplay make me very cringe because like 5 years old kid build spore and throw into my spore gameplay yet I build my awesome spore that I can't play it. It so sad.

Last edited by Redboy: 02-12-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Redboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Jnmicter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Yuveryus View Post
Half-Life is a game for little kids. You are forced to beat up headcrabs, zombies and other aliens.
way to troll. Half-Life 2 is meant to be a linear game. Spore was essentially meant to be sandbox, but EA ed it up and ruined a lot of possibilities
Jnmicter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
LordMarduk

Probably had one of the highest potentials in gaming history, but it chose to use 1% of it (probably less) making it a dumbed down game for kids, this was one of the biggest disappointments in my gaming history due to the expectation I had for this title...

Ohwell, it's not like I gave up, still hope they will someday make a proper spore2, same concept, done right, in every stage.
LordMarduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
lizard81288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmolson View Post

That's good to know. I haven't followed Spore. I seen that and put it on my list, but never got it. I didn't know EA ed it up. Thats too bad. The Spore I wanted, got canceled more or less. Thanks EA.

*pours drink on floor*
lizard81288 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SPORE