Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gratuitous Space Battles

Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
TemptedNZ

Deleting ship templates?

I assume I'm being super thick but I can't figure out how to remove templates I no longer want.

How do you do it?
Old 12-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
EvilDastard

From the ship design screen, open the Load window and press the big X on the right side of the window for the design you want to delete. I believe you can also delete designs from the fleet screen by right-clicking a design and choosing delete, but I might be misremembering.
EvilDastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
TemptedNZ

Didn't even see it, think my eyes just skipped over like it was background graphic.

Cheers.
TemptedNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Spike.G

I found that after starting a campaign and then quitting and deleting it, I could no longer delete any ship designs that I had built while playing the campaign, nor overwrite them with better designs. Any attempt to overwrite resulted in a message saying that the ship was being used in a campaign and would be renamed *shipname*mk.1 instead. It's not a huge issue, but my list of ship designs is now clogged with old types I will never use again- does anyone know a way around this?
Spike.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
Jonz0rz

My Documents -> My Games -> GratuitousSpaceBattles -> ships

Move any unwanted designs out of the 'ships' folder and they should dissapear. If the game is open, you may need to restart it.
Jonz0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Spike.G

Talking

Thanks, that should sort it out.
Spike.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:54 AM   #7
CTMWood

I came across an odd crash bug when deleting ship designs. I deleted all ship designs to 'start from scratch', but the game crashed and crashed again every time I tried to open the ship design mode. I had to reinstall the game. Don't know if that happens to everyone, I suggest not tying to find out
CTMWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gratuitous Space Battles