Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Rockstar Games

Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #151
rodro_lliv

No PC version for this one then, uh? Here goes my hope of ever playing it.
rodro_lliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #152
TempS

I want GTA5 more than Red Dead, but if Red Dead came to PC, I'd definitely be interested.
TempS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #153
Jamyskis

I've just bought RDR for PS3 - USED.

After suffering LA Noire and GTA4 for the PC, I've given up with Rockstar's shoddy PC ports.
Jamyskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #154
KNavis

L.A.Noir on Steam, 50% after a month....and i didn't buy it, just this... For me it's total war (not the game... the WAR) against R*. And i'm not interested in MP3 and GTAV as well, not after what they did to us with RDR...
KNavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #155
judizzz

hey guys i totally agree if RDR will be release on PC, anyway i have tried to use their "mouthoff" feature and they replied to my email, they said "Thank you for your email. There are no plans to bring Red Dead Redemption to the PC platform. We appreciate you taking the time to write us." well is it still possible they will release it on PC???i'm really looking forward to it.
judizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #156
CalmWind23

I don't understand rockstar they is lots of demand for RDR on PC and they port L.A Noire which has a very few demands. What sort of business are they running?.
CalmWind23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #157
judizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmWind23 View Post
I don't understand rockstar they is lots of demand for RDR on PC and they port L.A Noire which has a very few demands. What sort of business are they running?.
that's a good point. Why do they just release LA Noire instead, and not RDR???I'm not saying LA Noire is bad but RDR just got a lot better. It doesn't make any sense to me.
judizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #158
StreetFighter

Banned
LA Noire > RDR. R* did all right.
StreetFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #159
Cammalleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmWind23 View Post
Easy answer , RockstarGames had huge hope for Team Bondi >LA Noire title , so what they did is fund them some money to complete the project under a certain deadline , obviously they couldn't do a PC version in time so they tossed the idea away

Now as to why RDR isn't coming out on PC , well it is at the discretion of the developer.

Also did a few digging around the internet , i've read stuff about employees that while they were in the making of RDR , some of them were treated like crap and etc ..

Add that with the fact that Rockstar San Diego ( the team behind RDR ) hasn't released a PC title since the year 2000,
so the chances of RDR making it to PC are next to none imo
Cammalleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #160
katorn

I doubt to see RDR one day on PC , Rockstar never been very good on PC game ( see the nightmare of GTA IV , needed like 6 months + of patch to run the game normaly ) .
It's not money problem also , long time RDR make is money back .
I just think Rockstar is kinda afraid to make RDR on PC and made a big fail technical .
katorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #161
StreetFighter

Banned
Sign and spread over the internet.
http://petitionbureau.org/RedDeadforPC
StreetFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #162
jdwohlever

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetFighter View Post
Sign and spread over the internet.
http://petitionbureau.org/RedDeadforPC
Thanks signed it.
Although RockStar told me they wouldn't do a port, asking again could never hurt.
jdwohlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #163
jdwohlever

What did you get banned for?
jdwohlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #164
DarthPsymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwohlever View Post
What did you get banned for?
lol. good luck getting a reply.
DarthPsymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:09 AM   #165
Joan-Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorn View Post
I doubt to see RDR one day on PC , Rockstar never been very good on PC game ( see the nightmare of GTA IV , needed like 6 months + of patch to run the game normaly ) .
It's not money problem also , long time RDR make is money back .
I just think Rockstar is kinda afraid to make RDR on PC and made a big fail technical .
The nightmare is because they decided to bootstrap the game with SecuROM, which makes things run very iffy. This is what happens when you try to over gamers with BS 3rd party DRM, you make your product less appealing to honest customers, while the pirates are laughing with their cracked DRM-free version.

I make it a point to avoid purchasing any game that has SecuROM in it, and this is no exception. I am also sure that I am not the only one with this sentiment.

If Rockstar decided to port RDR to the PC via Steam, I would be very excited, but if they decide to put anything like SecuROM, or TAGES in it, I will definitely NOT be purchasing it.
Joan-Michele is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Rockstar Games