Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kane & Lynch series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Inzababa
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
uncensor ?

What the hell is this game +18 and yet censored?

Really getting tired of this ...

Where can I get a refund please?
Inzababa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Live2bcool
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 70
Posts: 1,437
It's part of the art style. It's not actually censoring the game, it's to fit the camera/youtube art style.

I quite enjoy it.
Live2bcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Inzababa
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2bcool View Post
It's part of the art style. It's not actually censoring the game, it's to fit the camera/youtube art style.

I quite enjoy it.
lol no it's not
Inzababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
shovelface88
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 14
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzababa View Post
lol no it's not
Um, yes actually, it is. It's part of the art style, part of the game.
shovelface88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
Stixsworld
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 125
Posts: 1,027
TBH it is sposed to be...

But in all reality most gamers to date still think it shouldnt be...

Reason being is because they never censord jak in the first game so most peeps would assume that in the second they would take that same approach with everything again...

But then you get into the sequel and you are forced to see a game that is part of series that is sposed to be completely uncensord only to find out that the developers of the sequel decided to take a new approach with the series and started censoring it like in most media which is jess by adding a blur patch over that part of the screen...

Now there is a patch that sposedly gets rid of all the ingame censorship(s)...but I unno I tride it once and didnt think it truley did the job...

IMHO...I think the sequel in this game series ruined the series...by taking away from the series original approach of ABSOLUTE NO CENSORING. In doing so I never could even force myself to complete the sequel...I loved the first game in the series tho...the sequel tho sucked balls...

---Stixsmaster
Stixsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #6
Citizen Goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 174
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2bcool View Post
It's part of the art style. It's not actually censoring the game, it's to fit the camera/youtube art style.

I quite enjoy it.
This.
Citizen Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
Inzababa
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelface88 View Post
Um, yes actually, it is. It's part of the art style, part of the game.
no actually it isn't

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=13453

now where can I get an anti censor patch? I'm not 14 years old.

Thanks.
Inzababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
Live2bcool
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 70
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzababa View Post
no actually it isn't

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=13453

now where can I get an anti censor patch? I'm not 14 years old.

Thanks.

I heard there was a mod out there that removes it.

I don't get all the rage over this though. The entire game is based off being filmed on a youtube quality camera. Why wouldn't it make sense to add a feature like this, especially if it was put on youtube?

They didn't put it in to limit you, they put it in for the art style. But whateves... just remove it if you want.

http://actualgameplay.com/kane-lynch...remover-patch/

For you.

EDIT: I was giving that article a look... and it seems the Japanese version is actually more censored then the international... ESPECIALLY on a thousand cuts.

Not that I'm saying it's a good thing 2 men are running around completely bare naked with hundreds of cuts in them... but in the japanese version, they are actually wearing something. There isn't even 1/4 of the cuts the international version has either... Same with the scene when Xiu is dead. It just makes it look silly, and kind of ruins the disturbing feel that came along with that level. There also isn't a ragdoll in the japenese version, and you can't kill civilians while the International version you can...

So basically... both are equal on censoring (Well, I would say the Japenese version censors more), showing it's actually part of the art style.

Last edited by Live2bcool: 01-30-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Live2bcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #9
Inzababa
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2bcool View Post
I heard there was a mod out there that removes it.

I don't get all the rage over this though. The entire game is based off being filmed on a youtube quality camera. Why wouldn't it make sense to add a feature like this, especially if it was put on youtube?

They didn't put it in to limit you, they put it in for the art style. But whateves... just remove it if you want.

http://actualgameplay.com/kane-lynch...remover-patch/

For you.

EDIT: I was giving that article a look... and it seems the Japanese version is actually more censored then the international... ESPECIALLY on a thousand cuts.

Not that I'm saying it's a good thing 2 men are running around completely bare naked with hundreds of cuts in them... but in the japanese version, they are actually wearing something. There isn't even 1/4 of the cuts the international version has either... Same with the scene when Xiu is dead. It just makes it look silly, and kind of ruins the disturbing feel that came along with that level. There also isn't a ragdoll in the japenese version, and you can't kill civilians while the International version you can...

So basically... both are equal on censoring (Well, I would say the Japenese version censors more), showing it's actually part of the art style.
It's a matter of principle, I also think you should be able to see (oh my god) a pair of on youtube.

How anyone can justify "morally" that shooting someone's brains out, or stabbing someone in the neck is anywhere near less ethically / morally shocking than a pair of or balls or whatever is beyond me.

Even more far out is how this view has spread in culture so that it's taken for granted.

Anyway, thanks for the link, will check it out
Inzababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #10
Inzababa
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzababa View Post
It's a matter of principle, I also think you should be able to see (oh my god) a pair of on youtube.

How anyone can justify "morally" that shooting someone's brains out, or stabbing someone in the neck is anywhere near less ethically / morally shocking than a pair of or balls or whatever is beyond me.

Even more far out is how this view has spread in culture so that it's taken for granted.

Anyway, thanks for the link, will check it out

AND OMFG at the word "t.itz" being censored???!!!

what about breasts? what about boobs?

crazy.

Why don't they censor OMFG as well? Do they know what that means?
Inzababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #11
Acewings
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 55
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelface88 View Post
Um, yes actually, it is. It's part of the art style, part of the game.
That's what they said, but they're lying to you. Who the hell thinks "Let's censor a game because then it will be just like a movie!" -Name two R-rated movies that are severely censored. No, they did this because they took alot of heat from Fox "News" in regards to the Hitman franchise and violent video games. All they were doing is making excuses and lying. That's it. Plain and simple, there is absolutely no other explanations for this move, they did it as a form of self-censorship because they didn't want to deal with the outcry from parents and propaganda stations that pretend to push facts.

Last edited by Acewings: 02-12-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Acewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
Live2bcool
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 70
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acewings View Post
That's what they said, but they're lying to you. Who the hell thinks "Let's censor a game because then it will be just like a movie!" -Name two R-rated movies that are severely censored. No, they did this because they took alot of heat from Fox "News" in regards to the Hitman franchise and violent video games. All they were doing is making excuses and lying. That's it. Plain and simple, there is absolutely no other explanations for this move, they did it as a form of self-censorship because they didn't want to deal with the outcry from parents and propaganda stations that pretend to push facts.
Uh, yes... there is an explanation to this. The main part of the art style is that the game is supposed to look like it's being filmed off a hand held camera.

As we all know (Especially in cop shows) the violent images/faces they don't want people to see is blocked with the pixel effect Kane and Lynch 2 has. It's been like that since... well... forever you can say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vuFLxhA9c

Example.

But seriously, look at games like The Darkness II... In the demo, in a matter of 3 minutes, someone already has a hole blown through their head and your leg is basically hanging half off. They didn't need to censor that... Kane and Lynch 1 had normal headshotting and such too. Then look at The Witcher II for having full nudity... (Same with GTA IV's expansions) They had no problem passing that. This is blatant proof that they put it in the blurry camera censor effect for the art style.

Just the amount of people who complain about this baffles me...

Last edited by Live2bcool: 02-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Live2bcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
Inzababa
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2bcool View Post
Uh, yes... there is an explanation to this. The main part of the art style is that the game is supposed to look like it's being filmed off a hand held camera.

As we all know (Especially in cop shows) the violent images/faces they don't want people to see is blocked with the pixel effect Kane and Lynch 2 has. It's been like that since... well... forever you can say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vuFLxhA9c

Example.

But seriously, look at games like The Darkness II... In the demo, in a matter of 3 minutes, someone already has a hole blown through their head and your leg is basically hanging half off. They didn't need to censor that... Kane and Lynch 1 had normal headshotting and such too. Then look at The Witcher II for having full nudity... (Same with GTA IV's expansions) They had no problem passing that. This is blatant proof that they put it in the blurry camera censor effect for the art style.

Just the amount of people who complain about this baffles me...
http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=13453
Inzababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
Live2bcool
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 70
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzababa View Post
I already posted a response to that article, scroll up please.
Live2bcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
Inzababa
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2bcool View Post
I already posted a response to that article, scroll up please.
yeah, and I replied to that.

My last post refers to this :


it clearly shows that the censorship is culturally related (ie it is censorship)

not related to some kind of "intended expression of art" (ie it's part of the art style)

Quote:
As we all know (Especially in cop shows) the violent images/faces they don't want people to see is blocked with the pixel effect Kane and Lynch 2 has. It's been like that since... well... forever you can say
Not where I come from.
Inzababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kane & Lynch series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.