Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 02-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
SacremPyrobolum

How do I get rid of Hives?

So some Hivers thought it would be funny to put a gate ship on one of my core planets.

This would be a non issue if only I could find the blasted thing and destroy it.

But as it is it seems to only show up on radar for a short period of time and appears to teleport, making it impossible for my to reach it.

Any tips?
Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Daylos

Somewhere i tell Hivergates are buggy...in this way..you can't find them specialy when thies Hiver are eleminatet by a ather race..."ghostgateship"

Perhaps to dealing with this is to order in the battlemanager a fast fleet near a planet....in the next turn --declair war on them when you don't have already--let the automatic-battle start.
When in the system more than one planet you have to do this for each of them...perhaps in the automaticel battle the problem will be destroyed...
Ather thing don't let Hiver in your games till this bug is fixed.
Daylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
NephilimNexus

You think it's bad hunting Hiver gateships? Try playing Hiver.

You build a gate station in the system, but the gateship is still there.

Hmmm, can I return it to my fleet? Of course not!

Can I scrap it? Okay, that works... oh who are we kidding, of course it doesn't! Now the ship is gone, but the "fleet" it came from is still there and will remain there forever, suckling away from the game's already leaky memory package. Joy.
NephilimNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
Daylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NephilimNexus View Post
You think it's bad hunting Hiver gateships? Try playing Hiver.

You build a gate station in the system, but the gateship is still there.

Hmmm, can I return it to my fleet? Of course not!

Can I scrap it? Okay, that works... oh who are we kidding, of course it doesn't! Now the ship is gone, but the "fleet" it came from is still there and will remain there forever, suckling away from the game's already leaky memory package. Joy.
OMG i am happy that i only try to play Humans and Tarkas the only thing what not realy function for the one race is to give tarkan-ships names..they don't have...of course all other bugs and not function things are for all the same...i think
Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
SwiftBlizz

lol, their SotS2: "Lords of winter" is a frost burst memory pipe. ... >_<
SwiftBlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
NephilimNexus

I think they called it "Lord of Winter" because it freezes constantly and crashes like a car driving on ice.
NephilimNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #7
Daylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NephilimNexus View Post
I think they called it "Lord of Winter" because it freezes constantly and crashes like a car driving on ice.
Hmm..i have never freezes and nearley no crashes ...when i don't do "special" things but after 360 hours playing this game i know the critical points where are crashes possibel.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Bluedonkey

SacremPyro - Lately my tactic to finding and eliminating hiver gate ships is to build 8 (eight) torpedo type platforms. Go into battle manager for the system and place them in the outermost ring of sectors for the system with the gate. If one is close to the gate it will likely be attacked (the stations have a shorter sensor range than the gate ship). Once I locate the gate ship I position my ships near it (again in the battle manager) and hunt it down. If your stations do not find the gate on a given turn, reposition them to other sectors and see if they find them there. Once the gate is dead you can reposition your platforms into a better location to defend your planet. Not sure about the 'teleporting' gate ships, all mine have stayed where I found them. This tactic will force you to build the platforms, but is a lot faster than flying around each turn trying to locate the thing...

Hope that helps...

Last edited by Bluedonkey: 02-21-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Bluedonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
jungwirsch

Looks like today's patch took care of that, or some similar, problem

r19609b

+ Fixed a corner case preventing combat with hiver gates.
jungwirsch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection