Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series

Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
ballador

Angry Anyone else unable to obtain Anno 2070 UPDATE and thus unable to play at all????

Okay, this one is REALLY starting to upset me.

I purchased Anno 2070 just four days ago, on Saturday. I played for over 7 hours on Sunday and loved the game. Then Monday they released some sort of update ... now I cannot even play offline mode. Every time I open the game, it says that there is an update and that I need to update before I can play.

I have restarted STEAM a dozen times. I have restarted my entire computer several times. I have started the Steam client in Administrator mode. I am not behind a router/firewall, so I don't have to worry about internet connection not being accessible. I turned off Avast Antivirus and restarted the client. I have opened the game's properties, turned off the auto update and turned it back on. Nothing is forcing this update. And it does not appear that there is any way to manually request that Steam update the game.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have submitted a Steam Support question, but am still waiting on that response. I am calling this a Steam issue, simply because they are the ones failing to update my game.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
sloop1138

Try to verify the cache, if there's an update that's missing it should fix it then.
sloop1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
ballador

First off, thank you for the fast response.

I Right-clicked Anno 2070, clicked Properties. Went to the Local Files tab, and clicked Verify Integrity of Game Cache. There was indeed one file that was an issue, and it re-downloaded that file. When I opened the game, it acted like it was the first time I had installed, and proceeded to re-install the game. I let it install, and then before opening the game completely, I exited from Steam and restarted to see if an update would begin. Nothing yet, so I started to open the game. Now I get a new failure, but I am going to suspect that this is due to attempting to execute through a Remote Desktop connection. I will try the game when I get home from work and let you know if this resolves my issue.

Again, thank you for the fast response!
ballador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
sloop1138

No problem! Hope it works for you once you get to your home computer.
sloop1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
NorthernKingdom

Banned
Yeah I had to verify my game as well. Steam being and not downloading it automatically when available wasn't working.

GG Valve.
NorthernKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
ballador

After arriving at home, I found that Anno 2070 is indeed fixed now. Thank you again, Sloop! You were absolutely correct! +10 for you! :-)
ballador is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series