Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series

Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
neal8929

Too much driving.

The action in this game is great but the amount of time you have to spend traveling either by car or boat takes the fun out of it. I really think it would make sense if you could fast travel from one safe house to another over night or something. Is there a mod that lets you do this?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
MackP

Banned
You don't like traveling? o.0
It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.
MackP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
chrisdglong

Banned
There is a transit system, you know? You can instantly travel around the map with it. I think it unlocks after a few missions though.
chrisdglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Mech_Chicken

It's Far Drive 2. Whaddya want?
Mech_Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
whitedragon

this game is designed for travelers...and as you go further in the game, more security posts will be there, more damage the enemies will do, more dangerous the journey will be...

i enjoy a lot to find some zebras or other animals...and by the way there is a way for travelling by air...but i wont tell ya...you discover it enjoy the jungle and the desert
whitedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
badson

This.

It makes it hard to enjoy this game. I hope I don't receive hate for this post lol

Last edited by badson: 02-13-2012 at 11:27 AM.
badson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Havoc_53

I've been walking through all the maps. It's much more interesting.
Havoc_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
HaraDaya!

It's all about immersion. Don't think about how far you have to travel, but rather travelling cautiously. Gear up for the journey, then visit a safe house near the objective to change weapons for the mission if needed. You don't realize how important the weapon crates are till you've tried them.

If you don't like all the travelling you're playing it wrong. I've come to realize there's a lot of games like this you need to learn how to enjoy. And it's usually rewarding cause you're playing differently than you're used to.
HaraDaya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
badson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc_53 View Post
I've been walking through all the maps. It's much more interesting.
I'll try this out...doesn't sound too bad
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
Yxklyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal8929 View Post
The action in this game is great but the amount of time you have to spend traveling either by car or boat takes the fun out of it. I really think it would make sense if you could fast travel from one safe house to another over night or something. Is there a mod that lets you do this?
You do know about the fast travel bus stops? If you plan things out right you really shouldn't have to travel much more than other games like this.
Yxklyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
jkap13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech_Chicken View Post
It's Far Drive 2. Whaddya want?
that's funny. though i love this game, i agree that the driving can be a bit much.

i just want to add one thing to what other folks have already said; unless you're playing on infamous you are fairly safe driving through checkpoints. they'll shoot at you and chase you and damage your vehicle a bit but you won't get killed quickly. plenty of time to stop, pick off any tailing aggressors and repair
jkap13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
BeatnikFilmstar

I just take the trains when I can. Sometimes you have to wait a while for one to come by, but they're a real time saver.

That or head to the airport and hijack the plane. It's a bit hard to control, but when you get used to it it's not so bad. And nothing is more fun than dive bombing checkpoints like a Stutka.
BeatnikFilmstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #13
Havoc_53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatnikFilmstar View Post
I just take the trains when I can. Sometimes you have to wait a while for one to come by, but they're a real time saver.

That or head to the airport and hijack the plane. It's a bit hard to control, but when you get used to it it's not so bad. And nothing is more fun than dive bombing checkpoints like a Stutka.
Hello. This is Earth calling. Please return to reality where you will find a nice lunch of crackers and nuts waiting for you.
Havoc_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
jkap13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatnikFilmstar View Post

well, the votes are in for the big one....he's already won the 'least thought provoking' and 'least useful' forum post awards, and now he gets the prestigious 'Troll Of The Year' award...
jkap13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
badson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap13 View Post
i just want to add one thing to what other folks have already said; unless you're playing on infamous you are fairly safe driving through checkpoints. they'll shoot at you and chase you and damage your vehicle a bit but you won't get killed quickly. plenty of time to stop, pick off any tailing aggressors and repair
I somewhat disagree with this. It can be quite annoying to have guys respawn very quickly and then also maybe hit a rock when you're driving through the guard post lol, then your a sitting duck, and maybe not dead but super annoyed lol. Another thing that makes this annoying is that it happens so frequently.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series