Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
bobsbarricades

Thumbs up Secondary monitor functionality

I started a getsatisfaction thread with an idea to host a realtime PROPERLY THOUGHT OUT map onto a secondary monnitor for those with the hardware. (hey they support the banal idea of triple monitor setups so why not make it useful)

https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefi..._functionality

there's the getsatisfaction link. I know it's a pipedream but if we get 500+ likes maybe we can get their attention at least. Find the guys that did the betterbattlelog plug ins and they might have some code-wizardry to make it happen.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
ViSkY

Must log in to view page blah blag.

Anyways, it sounds like a sweet idea. But I'm afraid people will call it a cheat for whatever reason. I don't think I have ever seen a game that did this so I am really doubting that BF3 will get it even if you get their attention. Does BF3 even have mods yet? I have never heard of any.

Btw if someone manages to do it by an external it'd be basically a hack. Showing both teams :P
ViSkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
bobsbarricades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSkY View Post
Must log in to view page blah blag.

Anyways, it sounds like a sweet idea. But I'm afraid people will call it a cheat for whatever reason. I don't think I have ever seen a game that did this so I am really doubting that BF3 will get it even if you get their attention. Does BF3 even have mods yet? I have never heard of any.

Btw if someone manages to do it by an external it'd be basically a hack. Showing both teams :P
well they'll never give us mod tools, but I see it about as cheating as using any 3rd party voip. I mean if the core game doesn't support in game communication then doing so with 3rd party gives you a HUGE advantage over those guys that don't. Same thing here really.

yea if you logon to battlelog and then click it transfers your log in stuff so you only have to click the logon button, easy peezy 2 mice clicks
bobsbarricades is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series