Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dustforce

Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
binarian

Crash issues (w/ temporary fix), and no controller support (even through Joy2Key)

Item 1: Game crashing

Like many people, I have been experiencing crashing issues with the game. I was able to solve them by navigating to the game proper (c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dustforce) and forcing the game to run as administrator. However, this is by no means an optimal solution, and should be fixed by the developers.

Item 2: Controller support

Controller support works fine, it just needs to be mapped in the options menu. See the FAQ for more details. However, there is currently no support for mapping the escape key, which is a bit of a nuisance, as well as no way to map a quick button for Light + Heavy attack, which isn't necessary, but would be a nice touch. (For those who still insist on using Joy2Key, this incompatibility can be resolved by running it in administrator mode.)

Last edited by binarian: 01-17-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Lifeformed

Hitbox Team
Hi! We're working hard on fixing crashing issues right now; we're trying to get a bugfix update up tonight.

For controllers, make sure you launch the game after you plug in the controller. Then you just click on the keys to bind them.
Lifeformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
binarian

Thanks much for your quick response, and for clarifying how button mapping works for your program.

One item for consideration: would it be possible to, in a future update, add the option of mapping the escape key to a button, as well as possibly mapping a separate button to Light Attack + Heavy Attack? By no means necessary additions, but they'd be a nice touch.
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
KaraMong

Bump for a clarification.

I have XP and my game crashes shortly after entering a level. I can't run as administrator and have already tried to both check and defrag the cache, also the community in-game is active. Is there a temporary solution to this?
KaraMong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Kiavik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraMong View Post
Bump for a clarification.

I have XP and my game crashes shortly after entering a level. I can't run as administrator and have already tried to both check and defrag the cache, also the community in-game is active. Is there a temporary solution to this?
Yeah I have the exact same problem and I'm running XP. Please give us a fix, because when I actually manage to play it for a bit, it's awesome.
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
kyrieee

Steam updated the game for me but it's still crashing and lagging =/
kyrieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Jerry Green

Kyrieee I've got the same problem and STILL got the crashing after the patch but....amazingly I got rid of the fps issues as it seems (don't ask how...). I just deleted the clientregistry.blob, uninstalled the game, deleted the common folder of the game manually and reinstalled it....suddenly the game runs quite smooth according to FPS etc...but still massive crashes tho

I don't get this game to be honest...as LF informed, the last patch was meant to fix the crashes but as it seems people still suffer from hm....I'll keep trying and tweaking with disabling hardware sound acceleration, clean install of OpenAL etc...if I find anything to get rid of the crashes I'll report in an instant \o
Jerry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
binarian

Just an FYI, game still crashes on start-up if I'm not running the game as an administrator.

EDIT: Also, did the score server just go down, or is it an issue on my end?

Last edited by binarian: 01-18-2012 at 09:29 PM.
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
Rairai51

Bump.

The way to fix this problem is I had to change the directory of steam out side of the x86 Program Folder File and put the steam folder on my desktop or in my documents, sometimes programs have a hard time loading for some reason when it's through the program folders in newer systems.

So.. Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

to

C:\Users\(Whatever Your User Is)\Desktop\Steam

Should work with no problems as I had this problem actually today. It's less the games fault but the game not loading all of the files and causing to crash.

*edit* This is mainly for vista and windows 7 users, windows xp and such still have problems running the game it seems depending on what graphics card and version.

Last edited by Rairai51: 02-15-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Had to Clarify what I was talking about.
Rairai51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dustforce