Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Old 02-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Amy

Dawn Of War II games won't run fine.

I can't run Dawn Of War II games correctly.

In solo, in the campaign even with the fewest enemy on Screen.

The game run around 10 FPS at medium settings.
Considering i meet the requirement even if my GPU is bad considering my best one is in RMA'D, it run on a i7-2600k, 16gb DDR3 1600, 8600GT.

By considering the requirement of THE BASE GAME, NOT THE EXPANSION.

I meet the recommended one, so there's no really a reason why the game won't run with a decent FPS even in 1024 x 768.

Minimum:

Processor: P4 3.2 GHz (single core) or any Dual Core processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Graphics: A 128MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT / ATI X1600, or equivalent
Hard Drive: 6.5 GB of uncompressed Hard Drive space
Other Requirements: Online play requires log-in to Games For Windows - Live

Recommended:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+ or any Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB RAM (XP and Vista)
Graphics: A 256MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900, or equivalent
Hard Drive: 6.5 GB of uncompressed Hard Drive space

So as you can see the card did meet the minimum requirement, and nearly the recommended requirement.

SO it certainly give the game to run at least at medium in 1024 x 768 anyway, and i get like 5-10FPS with that resolution every graphics options at minimum.

Why? Is there a tweak to do? Because despite the card, it's still nearly meet the recommended requirement, that mean no reason to only be able to run the game at low in a damm low resolution.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Astartes_

minimum reqs don't mean much, I stopped looking at them long ago...sorry to say but your GFX card is probably not up to playing DOW 2. Tweaks? none that I know of except for the usual, try defraging after installation turn off your anti virus and all other non essential programs/processes.
Astartes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes_ View Post
minimum reqs don't mean much, I stopped looking at them long ago...sorry to say but your GFX card is probably not up to playing DOW 2. Tweaks? none that I know of except for the usual, try defraging after installation turn off your anti virus and all other non essential programs/processes.
The anti-virus and other process are only for the CPU. Which the CPU is fine.

And considering it can run BF3 at medium, even if it don,t even meet the requirement for the GPU. ANd i get MORE fps in BF3 than in DoW 2 in the same resolution , when BF3 run at medium and DoW at minimum still have difficulty.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Astartes_

I cant see how you would be playing bf3 at medium with that card and the fps not suffering quite a bit. Maybe you can be more specific on the exact settings you are using and the fps you get?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
Squid3d

The real question should be why the hell would you put yourself though all this messing if you have a totally capable gfx card due to be delivered ?

the biggest fps killer for your card would probably be texture res and physics (also, make sure nvidia panel is set to use cpu for phys. not really relevant here i don't think, but it won't hurt)
Squid3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
Jibberish

did... did you delete your other graphics problems thread to start a new one? With the exact same problem?

But just expanded your OP in this one to make you look less unhelpful with specific information?
Jibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #7
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes_ View Post
I cant see how you would be playing bf3 at medium with that card and the fps not suffering quite a bit. Maybe you can be more specific on the exact settings you are using and the fps you get?
Battlefield 3 running with the medium setting in 1024x768 get me 22 fps average, Dawn Of war 2 with medium setting in 1024x768 give me average 5fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid3d View Post
The real question should be why the hell would you put yourself though all this messing if you have a totally capable gfx card due to be delivered ?

the biggest fps killer for your card would probably be texture res and physics (also, make sure nvidia panel is set to use cpu for phys. not really relevant here i don't think, but it won't hurt)
I'll try with that. Oh and yeah, i'm not gonna wait the RMA end to play a game lol.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
sohei kuma

Not much in the way of details here, but I would suggest you make sure the gfx card is set to application-controlled rather than using custom settings and then try to install an older driver. Sometimes newer drivers from Nvidia mess up the older cards.
sohei kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
Astartes_

Bf3 at 22 fps average!? how do you even play that? It's obvious that your gfx card is not up to these games.Upgrade your gfx or run DOW 2 at absolute minimum,turn every feature that has the option to off and set all to lowest.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
Amy

I got my new card, went way more fine.

Kinda weird it was 10FPS at low and more in BF3, but now it's a little different with my new card.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series