Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Empires III

Old 02-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
BladenLongsword

Noobs...why?

This is a message to all who have been called "Noobs". I mean the bad kind, not the beginners. Myself in truth have called other players "Noob" followed by some notsonice words. In reality, Aoe online is not just so YOU can have fun. It is so everyone can have fun. Armies of cannon and spamming those invincible samurai may make you have a good time but they make the losing team having wasted a good hour or so. Think about it what is more fun and filling. Exploiting the game or clashing giant armies together and fighting to the last breath?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
minahina

This is the reason I don't PvP. xD Most of the time even if the match is fair, someone will end up feeling bad and only the other person will have fun. Though yes, if there's no fair play they might as well just play alone.
It's really like playing to try and upset the other player. Really the reason I dislike competitions. Rarely both people end up happy.

Last edited by minahina: 02-10-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Adding an opinion
minahina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Cooper Kid

The problem with RTS games is that, inevitably, there comes a point when one team realises they're going to win and the other realises they're going to loose.
If the loosing team then resigns, the winning team feels a bit short-changed because, to be honest, it's a heck of a lot of fun flattening the enemy's base and mowing down their last few settlers.
And if the loosing team doesn't resign, they won't particularly enjoy having their base flattened and their last few settlers mowed down.

Tl;dr: It's just unlikely that both teams will have the same amount of fun.
Cooper Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
BladenLongsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Kid View Post
The problem with RTS games is that, inevitably, there comes a point when one team realises they're going to win and the other realises they're going to loose.
If the loosing team then resigns, the winning team feels a bit short-changed because, to be honest, it's a heck of a lot of fun flattening the enemy's base and mowing down their last few settlers.
And if the loosing team doesn't resign, they won't particularly enjoy having their base flattened and their last few settlers mowed down.

Well, I don't mean that, I mean exploiting the game so the other team does not have a chance.
BladenLongsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
minahina

Well it's true. If people do like a competition, then at least it should be fair. It's like fighting guns with rocks.
minahina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
Brewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Kid View Post

No, it isn't. AoE has always been about competition. It's a competetive game, that requires strategy (hence RTS). You are right, about the point when both teams realize each others fate...

However, that's the name of the game. It was that was on the MSN Gaming Zone, it's that way on Voobly, and that should be the way here. If your base is crushed, you need to collect 5 villagers and send them to a secluded part of the map and start rebuilding... if you are found in the process, then you are dead.

Resigning is BS.

If anything, time is running short, as well as patience, send your last fighting units along with villagers to the enemy base (assuming you've found it). They will get wiped out, the battle was honorable.

Competition makes you stronger.
Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
BladenLongsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
No, it isn't. AoE has always been about competition. It's a competetive game, that requires strategy (hence RTS). You are right, about the point when both teams realize each others fate...

However, that's the name of the game. It was that was on the MSN Gaming Zone, it's that way on Voobly, and that should be the way here. If your base is crushed, you need to collect 5 villagers and send them to a secluded part of the map and start rebuilding... if you are found in the process, then you are dead.

Resigning is BS.

If anything, time is running short, as well as patience, send your last fighting units along with villagers to the enemy base (assuming you've found it). They will get wiped out, the battle was honorable.

Competition makes you stronger.
I completely agree with Brewski, even if they are a Noob go in and fight. I always stick with this "I don't care if I win or lose but I must do so in honor"
BladenLongsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
Cooper Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladenLongsword View Post
I completely agree with Brewski, even if they are a Noob go in and fight. I always stick with this "I don't care if I win or lose but I must do so in honor"
Amen to that
Cooper Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Empires III