Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Test Drive Unlimited 2

Old 02-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
DerpyDelivery

Angry yeah, imad

So, today i started up TDU2 after thinking up some ideas on how to decorate my newest car (It's a One-77 if you really needed to know that) and after waiting 15 minutes as usual for the UPlauncher to finish its initializing stuff, the game had apparently decided that I no longer deserve the 24 solid hours of progress I have and deleted my profile, saying that a save game could not be found. No matter how many times I hit retry there were no results, anybody think they could possibly help me get my progress back?
Old 02-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Agent-1138

Banned
Check,
My Documents\Eden Games\Test Drive Unlimited 2\savegame\(Your Profile Name)
If theres not a folder with your profile name then im affraid its gone :/, this game needs steam cloud support
Agent-1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
DerpyDelivery

It's definitely there, yet the game continues telling me that there is no progression data, and if i start a new game my progression data will be deleted. I am so confused... *well, it appears that for some reason, everything except for my PLAYERSAVE file was missing from my save game, so i reverted it to a previous version, it appears to have worked but i'm not sure, because the TDU2 servers seem to be down. I really hope that it isn't just me.*

Last edited by DerpyDelivery: 02-15-2012 at 03:32 PM.
DerpyDelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
Steppenw0lf

Banned
Guess this is a temporary issue, as the devs shut down the server for maintance/update stuff.

If I remember corectly they tell this on their facebook page.
Steppenw0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
Agent-1138

Banned
Unless you have a single player save, you cannot use your Online save until TDU2 servers are back up.
Agent-1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
DerpyDelivery

Thanks, after a bit of research I found that if you disconnect your internet (you can reconnect after launching) you can play with your online profile offline. I would also like to state that this game is rather... meh. I would say it's sub-par, but even that is a bit of an exaggeration because there are so many features that could have been included, and the game overall is rather lacking (horrible physics/handling, the voice acting, invisible walls all over the island, ect.)
Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
DjDanee87

Since the game froze a lot lately, i decided to reinstall steam and the game also. I think it worked, i didn't get a freeze yesterday, tho i was playing offline mode.
And since it was a fresh install, i had my controls default, which is keyboard. Wow, it is horrible I feel sorry for people trying to play with a keyboard. No problem with a wheel tho, so i assume people hating the game are trying to play with a keyboard.
DjDanee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:06 AM   #8
Butch_N

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDelivery View Post
there are so many features that could have been included, and the game overall is rather lacking (horrible physics/handling, the voice acting, invisible walls all over the island, ect.)
Yeah, those were the deciding factors as to why I didn't buy the game. I keep checking to see if the devs have finally made some serious upgrades to it, or if they are still just pushing bath soap for the swimming pools...
So far, it appears the latter to be the case.

I did read where a patch is suppose to fix the issues with steering wheels. Hopefully that means the game will finally have full support for wheels including analog clutch and hi-fidelity, hi-frequency parameters for wheels with more than 270 degrees of rotation. It is rather sad that one must turn their rotation down to very low levels in order to have anything near 1:1 steering input. And it can't be all that difficult to do, since other games from the past were quickly patched for hi-rotation when the G25 came out years ago. TDU2 should have had it from the beginning though, imo. So I am waiting to see exactly what this patch brings. If it is true hi-fidelity wheel parameters, I'll buy the game and live with the other 'missing' features that really should have been in it.

Sad to see games losing features their predecessor had. It seems these days you must buy PC exclusive games, if you want standard PC features anymore.
Butch_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
DerpyDelivery

Well, my G27 should be here tomorrow (don't worry, I didn't buy it specifically for TDU) so I really hope that they release that patch soon, I imagine that having 900 degrees of rotation is going to result in quite a bit of difficulty when making fine adjustments. Other than that, I also hope the cars will no longer handle like boats when I'm using a wheel.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
Butch_N

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDelivery View Post
I imagine that having 900 degrees of rotation is going to result in quite a bit of difficulty when making fine adjustments. Other than that, I also hope the cars will no longer handle like boats when I'm using a wheel.
I'd say you won't like 900 degrees. It is like a boat. Very sluggish impression feel to it. Just turn it down a good bit, say 520 or thereabouts seemed to do fairly well. But hopefully if what was said about the patch is true, it will fix that and all other wheel issues too
If it doesn't, I guess I will just give up all hope for the game. I really doubt anything will be done if the 'patch' doesn't correct it this time

We'll see.
Butch_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
DerpyDelivery

Alrighty, since the servers are back up, I tried playing to see if reverting the file would work. It did, but the last time it was backed up was about a week ago, back before I had anything nice, and before I completed the huge hour-long race in the first big championship... ffffffffffffffffffff... well, at least I didn't have to start all over again.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Test Drive Unlimited 2