Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SAW

Old 02-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
sKuggaan

Saw doesn't start at all

The game just starts to load, my friends see me "Is playing saw" Then suddenly after a couple of seconds nothing happends and i'm not "Playing Saw" anymore on the friends list, tried reinstalling and downloading the hole thing 5 times now.

Any ideas?
Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
sKuggaan

Oh also to be said, I recently swapped from a Nvidia card to a AMD/Ati graphics card. I had this issue with Modern Warfare 3 but a reinstall took that off the plate. Now working fine.
sKuggaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
_Emo_

Did you try verifying game cache? Do you have latest video card drivers? If you have other Unreal Engine 3 games, do they work?

Also have a look at the Documents\my games\Saw\SawGame\Logs\Launch.log, it might contain the reason of this.
_Emo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
sKuggaan

Thanks for the awnser, I have tried verifying plenty of times. And I checked the log, there is nothing in there since last time the game actually started for me last year, in november. No idea why this is happening :E
sKuggaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
_Emo_

Everything is ok with the game installation. It means that something's wrong with the software that the game relies on (video card drivers, directX, visual c++ redistributable, physX, openal). Might be a good idea to reinstall them all. Downgrading to older version of video card drivers might also help, if the reason is a bug in the new version.

I don't have an ati card, because I heard a lot about it requiring a workaround where nvidia just works. Turning off Catalyst AI seem to solve some problems. This thread contains instructions on how to do it:
http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=24934

If you try everything from this post and it didn't help, then the only option that's left for you is to search the Internet with any search system for reports about similar problems and try the actions that they took to solve those problems.
_Emo_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SAW