Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded

Old 12-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #16
Rave2n

Can't hear VOIP?

Vista and Up.

Alt-tab once game has started. Goto your sound mixer on the bottom taskbar.

Double-click and bring up the volume settings for all running applications with ability.

Bring APB: Reloaded down to about 25% - Make sure VOIP program is max. Return to game. Turn master APB volume to a level you enjoy. I use about 40%

Now how to setup your mic!

Vista and up: (Sorry but if you are using XP, you can figure this out quickly without a guide)

Goto Control Panel>Sound

Goto your recording devices and bring up the record level. If you have boost, do not max it. Tick it up, while testing the microphone. you will see a small VU meter next to your active input device. You want to make sure the level are atleast green without straining or yelling. Continue adjusting the boost til you've reached an ample level.

Make sure to turn down any prior input gain amplification on other programs such as Ventrilo, or Teamspeak. Otherwise you'll be blowing peoples ears out.

Hope this helps alot, its how I can hear people that have properly setup their audio. Trying to get more people to do so!

EDIT: Default bind is Z to use Mic.
Rave2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #17
JigaDeuce

Thanks for this thread!
JigaDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #18
daniu

About the contacts and mission assignment mechanics:
you get missions automatically after a cooldown after your last, and always from the contact you pledged to?
How does this go together with the group you're in?
daniu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #19
-=Grunt=-

Depends on the group leader's contact. It's that contact that will give the group you are in that mission.

And no, there is no "cooldown" between missions as far as I know. If you're solo-ing yes, it's always from the contact you are pledged to.

Rewards also depend on the tier of the contact you're pledged to, the higher the tier, the better the rewards. (Individually, even if the leader has a low tier and you're pledged to a high tier, you still get high tier rewards while the leader gets the lower tier's)

EDIT: Thanks for the stickie.

Last edited by -=Grunt=-: 12-14-2011 at 11:45 AM.
-=Grunt=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
aramdol

I have been killed by teammates due to cars/friendly fire. That is usually not possible. I am guessing that they were so good that they got to prestige/notoriety 5. If that was true, then perhaps it's something for ppl to keep in mind.
aramdol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #21
-=Grunt=-

By team mates, you mean they're in your group or just in your faction?

If in your group - Friendly fire is enabled in groups.

If in your faction - Might be N5/P5 or, I happen to have done this a couple of times... When another player is close to his/her personal car or just the car they were driving, ram the car with your car, when it has enough velocity/speed to kill and hits him/her it WILL kill him/her.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #22
JigaDeuce

Why would I receive 0 standing points when pleged to someone?
I am ranked 10 with about 4 of them, went to a new one and I constantly get 0 points with a win or loss
JigaDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:31 AM   #23
-=Grunt=-

You have to pledge to a contact that isn't rank 10 yet. The only contacts that are over rank/level 10 at the moment are the boss contacts.

Enforcer boss contacts: Orlenz Moretti (Prentiss Tigers) and Justin Teng (Praetorians)

Criminal boss contacts: Arlon Benjamin (G-Kings) and Michael Simeone. (Bloodroses)

Basically, standing = Contact EXP to level them up. If they're already maxed out, you won't get any standing.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #24
daniu

I keep coming across the phrase "gold level 10".
I know what gold is, but what does "level 10" refer to?
Can't be contact level because you can have several at different levels; can't be rank because rank 10 is really not high.
Is the green-bronze-silver-gold thing divided up further? If so, where does it say the level you have?

And there is no health bar, right? I only see xp progress bars.
daniu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #25
HeadStrikeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniu View Post
I keep coming across the phrase "gold level 10".
I know what gold is, but what does "level 10" refer to?
Can't be contact level because you can have several at different levels; can't be rank because rank 10 is really not high.
Is the green-bronze-silver-gold thing divided up further? If so, where does it say the level you have?

And there is no health bar, right? I only see xp progress bars.
The rank is simply how far you got with the contacts so far.

Threatlevels changed over the time, in the current form you only see your bracket green/bronze/silver/gold and not where you are exactly in this bracket. Before the revamp we could see exactly what threatlevel a player was, this was removed as it was source of much drama and people have mistaken the threatsystem as sort of progression like the contacts, which wasn't intended by the developers. It may look good to have a gold symbol up there, but in the end the threat is just here for the matchmaking system.

There is no healthbar in APB, so you have to get used to the times it takes for you to fully recover to 100%. Later on you will get character-mods which alter the healthregeneration behavior, to suit your personal playstyle.

Last edited by HeadStrikeR: 12-22-2011 at 05:21 PM.
HeadStrikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #26
blim

Banned
at the end of the day is this game fun? it dose seem a bit boring listening to your post and personly I only find the need to call ppl noobs if I cant progress in a team game because of them.
blim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #27
dam187

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by blim View Post
at the end of the day is this game fun? it dose seem a bit boring listening to your post and personly I only find the need to call ppl noobs if I cant progress in a team game because of them.
Wow, you sound like a bitter person. The game can be boring if you play only mission-based missions & I'm pretty sure could be more fun if you're willing to pay real money for it. I find it fun because I MAKE it fun.

My only complaint is the [on purpose] TK'ers. (also the fact you could speak on the mic & everybody hears you, but I don't use my mic anyways. I just wish the players serious on winning missions use chat more usefully then telling their teammates that they're "noobs" per se.)
dam187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #28
RpTheHotrod

I appreciate your desire to encourage people in knowing there's far less "hackers" than many accuse, which I will agree, but you are posting some misinformation.

"There is no "recoil hacks" or "health hacks" or "speed hacks" or "jump hacks" or "shooting through walls hacks" (This is most likely caused by lag) in this game. Mainly because they will have to hack into the server itself to do those.

Now the worst hack you will see in this game is the dreaded aimbot...
"

There are hacks that "estimate" (and pretty darn good) where the next recoil will be and changes accordingly. I've seen people with LMGs sniping people with near dead on accuracy from VERY far (and yes, they were advertising hacks). Also, there is a hack that lets you lock your health to certain weapon types. It stems from a BUG where you are immune, but a hack let's you control how you are immune. As for speed hacks, I've never seen one, but I do know that doing "something" special on your computer will case you to run slightly faster than others. Also, there is a way to shoot through walls via a client edit, but it's SEVERELY rare that people know about this. In nearly all cases of being shot through walls, it's normally due to a glitched wall (there are kinds of walls you can shoot through in APB) or that your hitbox is being shot where your model is not (hitboxes are not based on your visual "location" so you can be shot even if they shoot to your side).

Just clearing up some misinformation.
RpTheHotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
jbwyatt

I'm confused about buying weapons from the Arma merchant. I can get to the merchant screen - view weapons / vehicles etc. then add a weapon to the cart...

But now what - where IS the cart to complete the purchase? I haven't found anything that will show me what's in my cart. Also, can weapons be purchased with game credit or is it real $ only?

If it's real $ only, it would explain why the cart is not in the game (although it should still be at least accessible from in-game).
jbwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #30
NecDW4

Thumbs down SWEET PRO TUTORIALZZ

Wow, this is easily the most newbie unfriendly game i've ever tried.

I started in the TUTORIAL zone, and was thrown right into missions against people with sniper rifles, sub-machine guns and what appeared to be grenade launchers. yep, sure as hell learned a LOT, you know, in the tutorials. Hell, i couldn't even figure out how to change into the new shirt i bought. Not one option in the control settings mentioned anything, and the locker would only let me LOOK at stuff, not actually change into anything.

This game does a HELL of a lot wrong, which is a shame because from the videos i saw, it looked fun.
NecDW4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded