Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Unreal series

Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Unrealmaster287

Which Unreal version should I buy!

Hey,
I have been a fan of the Unreal series ever since the unreal gold came out, I currently own unreal gold, unreal tournament 3 (retail and redeemed on steam) and unreal tournament GOTY, I have also played UT2004 a lot on my friend’s laptop: P

Now here is my dilemma, I am wondering whether to by UT duel pack on steam or the unreal anthology retail. Since I already own 3 games I only want unreal 2 and UT2004, the anthology version is cheaper (9.99 on amazon) and comes with the soundtrack. But the Steam version guarantees that I will never lose/destroy the disk (happened to me before: P) and has the steam friends integration.
Also does the UT2004 editor’s choice edition on steam contain the editor choice content and the tutorials or is it basically the normal one.
Finally are there any problems with the steam versions, i.e. will all mods work on them/ will they be fully patched, I asked this because I heard some people have problems with umods on steam version
Finally any other reasons to go for one over the other will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Old 02-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
marvindessica

Uk 2004. More players and better community.
marvindessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Scarmage

The UT2k4 on Steam contains the Editor's Choice Edition. I haven't encountered any problems with the Steam version. It can be patched to the latest version which is patch 3369. I've downloaded and tried about 600 maps and most of them work. Mods work as well. Umod support was discontinued with a previous patch and most of the maps and mods come as zip files - you just need to copy the files to the appropriate folders. In case you run into any older mods which use the umod format, you can just extract the content using umod extractor and copy the files to the required directories.
Scarmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
Unrealmaster287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarmage View Post
The UT2k4 on Steam contains the Editor's Choice Edition. I haven't encountered any problems with the Steam version. It can be patched to the latest version which is patch 3369. I've downloaded and tried about 600 maps and most of them work. Mods work as well. Umod support was discontinued with a previous patch and most of the maps and mods come as zip files - you just need to copy the files to the appropriate folders. In case you run into any older mods which use the umod format, you can just extract the content using umod extractor and copy the files to the required directories.
Thanks for the info, but i have one more question for UT2004, does it contain that DVD on how to use the unreal editor, because i heard that comes with UT2004 EC
Unrealmaster287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
Scarmage

No the Steam version doesn't have the video tutorials from the ECE, only the bonus content.
Scarmage is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Unreal series