Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Old 02-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Muuro

Problems with crashes and the internet cafe in hollywood

The game crashes whenever I try to go to the back of the internet cafe in Hollywood to finish one of the main quests there.

Interesting of note is that it's always in the same exact spot there. After unlocking the door and going up the stairs and past the beds on the left, I'll turn the corner and make my way for the big red bed and the doorway opposite to that when the game decides to crash.

Unofficial patch with the plus features.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Smear

Have you tried the usual: "Verify game files"?
Smear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
Prisoner416

Which version of the patch? I've found the beta one has stability issues for some people, perhaps related to new props.
Prisoner416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Wesp5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisoner416 View Post
I've found the beta one has stability issues for some people, perhaps related to new props.
The 7.9 patch has been out for over two months now and I have never got any feedback about problems in the netcafe level. Also there weren't any props restored to that area as far as I remember and the game shouldn't crash due to a prop either...

Last edited by Wesp5: 02-17-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Wesp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
Prisoner416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesp5 View Post
The 7.9 patch has been out for over two months now and I have never got any feedback about problems in the netcafe level. Also there weren't any props restored to that area as far as I remember and the game shouldn't crash due to a prop either...
Just my personal experience, I was forced to downgrade to the previous patch back when I was using it. I never crashed on that level, but sometimes props would spawn wrong and at times the game would crash. It might not have been related, but downgrading fixed it.

Also, note verify games files means you'll have to repatch the game when it finishes.

What would be great is if you can start the game with -condebug and post the console log of the crash.
Prisoner416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Smear

Quote:
Also, note verify games files means you'll have to repatch the game when it finishes.
Good point. Try and verify the game files to make sure nothing is missing, but be prepared to re-install any patches you're using.
Smear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #7
Wesp5

Quote:
I never crashed on that level, but sometimes props would spawn wrong and at times the game would crash.
Can you explain this a little bit in more detail? How would props spawn wrong? In a wrong location or what? On what levels?
Wesp5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines