Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > TF2 Beta > Server Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #106
Dragonsbrethren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbrethren View Post
The Valve servers keep crashing on map change.
Actually, this isn't limited to Valve servers. Was playing on a clan's server this afternoon and that crashed too.
Dragonsbrethren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #107
EonSeig

The beta newest update initially seemed to be doing good things for me. I found 5 populated Valve servers all with less than 90 ping. The problem? Every time map changed, the server crashed.

Here we go again.
EonSeig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #108
CuriousG

It also crashes on the client end for me a lot. I don't think it matters what class I'm using either. Maybe it is the map, as it is a custom map, but it's annoying none the less. Prior to the update, I could play for hours on the same map. This is similar to the problems I had on the client end when they introduced the new weapons starting with the beta sniper rifle.
CuriousG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #109
Dragonsbrethren

Valve, where'd your servers go again? There are only two servers that run stock maps, and one of those doesn't enforce team balance. I'm tired of not being able to play a decent TF2 Beta game.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #110
Batabii

^ still no servers. Right now I'm seeing 4.

one is itemtest
one is some other lame mod map.
One has only one player.
The last one has nodmgspread and norespawn.
Batabii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #111
stereophonical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batabii View Post
^ still no servers. Right now I'm seeing 4.

one is itemtest
one is some other lame mod map.
One has only one player.
The last one has nodmgspread and norespawn.
Probably because no one plays the beta! If only it was smaller, only having to download the files that are changed instead of duplicating every single map, model, sound and so on...
stereophonical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #112
Batabii

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereophonical View Post
Probably because no one plays the beta! If only it was smaller, only having to download the files that are changed instead of duplicating every single map, model, sound and so on...
How can anyone play the beta if there's no servers?
Old 01-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #113
stereophonical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batabii View Post
How can anyone play the beta if there's no servers?
Exactly.
stereophonical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #114
Batabii

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereophonical View Post
Exactly.
So you agree that valve needs to actually run some servers before anyone will really be able to play and give feedback.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #115
Naikalas

Quote:
The autobalance should tally up all the points and balance it according to whatever would make the points the most even.
people who play for a long time rack up points, doesnt mean they are good enough to turn the tide/make it even. using a ratio of kills/deaths is the only real way to balance teams.
Naikalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #116
CuriousG

I find it interesting that Valve decides to implement this in TF2 beta

"Added option for dedicated servers to enforce Steam user blocking"

At first I had no idea what it was until I googled some discussions that started through L4D.

From my understanding, it is a server option that is off by default that allows users to block other players from joining if they have been blocked by a user in game. I doubt it'll be used on any of the TF2 beta servers as most admins won't even know about it. Given as of today there are only 9 TF2 beta servers, it basically spells a death sentence to people that start to block other people.

Of all the things they want us to test in beta, they implement something that won't be used in beta. How about some weapon changes for us to test? The most populated server in beta runs one map. The admin doesn't bother to disable map voting changes and half the time people are in there idling because they only want new people joining to give out their gifts.

You would think if you're going to put up a map with an objective like capture points, you're going to have some of them put in spectator mode once they're idle for so long to better balance the teams.
CuriousG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #117
Dragonsbrethren

Thanks to the LotusClan guys for putting up two decent US servers. I might avoid those servers in normal TF2, but they're so much better than what we had been stuck with in the beta.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #118
radical_rick

we need normal (not steam) trading back
radical_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #119
emh22

Is there ay chance that valve will get some of their servers back up? i quit playing the beta a few months back due to the lack of decent servers, and i logged back on today to see how it was and the only server with anyone on was running "achievement_idle4life", which is just 2 spawn rooms pointing at each other.
emh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #120
aabicus

What happened to trading in beta? I want to trade for items, having to craft things the old fashioned way is too expensive. I had to resort to using tokens after a while in the hopes of rolling the weapon I needed.
aabicus is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > TF2 Beta > Server Discussion