Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Section 8 series

Old 02-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
veil_lord

Thumbs down Still Can't Even Play The Game

I've had it for quite a while now, never been able to get past the load screen. Every other GFWL game I have works, but this one won't. Lame developer who doesn't care. If you get the GFWL crash and can't fix it with community solutions here, you might as well just uninstall it. They're no help and have made no patching efforts I've seen to fix a 9+ month old issue.
veil_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #17
SquirreI

Yeah, this game has BRILLIANT multiplayer, except the fact that hardly anyone plays now.
SquirreI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #18
PacMan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirreI View Post
Yeah, this game has BRILLIANT multiplayer, except the fact that hardly anyone plays now.
That is true. Maybe this deal changes that a bit. I started playing S8P 1 week before the sale and it was possible to find players online most of the time. Add to that the fact that the game is really fun and is available for cheap right now... Maybe the online population gets a little boost.

-pac
PacMan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #19
Friendliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon90 View Post
Haha, blaming GFWL, thats cute
game would be dead even if it was steamworks.
gfwl is a pox on gaming and on humanity. but this is correct^^.

but it frightens me to see ppl say "steamworks vs. gfwl", instead of just "how-about-no-bullcrap-3rd-party-applet-and-u-just-let-me-play-the-game vs. gfwl"?
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
whitedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doob View Post
lol.

One of the dumber things I've read in a while.

I have it, it's pretty good it just gets old fast. It's also pretty generic in a crowded genre.
I agree its a very fun game, and very tactical team based game. Its of course an arcade shooter so its pretty easy to get kills but also depends on your teameates reaction

Nothing to do with Halo which is only a shooter with no objectives...this game is fun my recommendation: for $5 it worths every penny
whitedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #21
TwwIX

This is a solid game with plenty of good multiplayer modes. I especially love the objective based nature of it. The co-op is pretty good too. The deployable turrets and vehicles add even more depth to it. It's a shame that the game isn't more popular.

If the developers are planning on doing another sequel, i suggest that they ditch the singleplayer component since it is one of its weakest points. The multiplayer has a lot of potential. They also need to stop using GFWL for their games if they want to attract PC gamers. GFWL does nothing but damage a games reputation.
TwwIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #22
yeeyoh

I liked the single player... I have a great time playing multi-player as well, but to me the single player was actually very good. Some real tuff spots and a half-decent story-line to drive the action...
yeeyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #23
veil_lord

I'd have liked to try it single player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeyoh View Post
I liked the single player... I have a great time playing multi-player as well, but to me the single player was actually very good. Some real tuff spots and a half-decent story-line to drive the action...
I'd have liked to try it single player, if it had ever worked. GFWL bit me, never could play the game. Inept developer couldn't even manage to code it right work with it.
veil_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #24
Bloody92

i finish the sp n star with the mp is great game :3
Bloody92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Section 8 series