Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
Speedingbullets

From my understanding that video is the alpha that was leaked in 2006. With the original developers return, the concept trailer on their site seems a hd clip of that. So if they`re using the Havok Vision engine, do they have to start again or is that it?
There`s a game called Miner Wars for sale at Gamer`s Gate that is alpha, regularly updated. If they did similar, say just skirmish mode, I`d be in.
Also, on their site it mentions Q4 2012 as expected release date, though in the interview Q: When will the game release?
A (M.H):
As soon as it is done.
That`s also refreshing. Have they started? Is their an update history? If they start after they`ve reached their funding, that would leave about 10 months to finish.
Would love to see I-War 3. Currently playing I-War 2 again, one of the Devs posts occasionally on Good Old Games.
Speedingbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #17
Arparso

Abandoned fast, because it didn't sell well, most likely. The game didn't have a huge publisher backing the title, it was a small developer and a small publisher, both more or less unknown to the majority of people out there, trying to sell a unique game tailored for a niche genre. They probably just didn't have the ressources to continue support of a commercially-failed product, as evident by the developer's demise shortly afterwards, with the publisher following not long after.

(although I'm not sure about the publisher's fate, they didn't release any significant game after Nexus, except maybe "Joint Task Force" ... which received mixed reviews and likely didn't sell well, too)
Arparso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
diehard2222

why didnt they go to kickstarter?? or are they there already?
diehard2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #19
Argel_Tal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedingbullets View Post
From my understanding that video is the alpha that was leaked in 2006. With the original developers return, the concept trailer on their site seems a hd clip of that. So if they`re using the Havok Vision engine, do they have to start again or is that it?
There`s a game called Miner Wars for sale at Gamer`s Gate that is alpha, regularly updated. If they did similar, say just skirmish mode, I`d be in.
Also, on their site it mentions Q4 2012 as expected release date, though in the interview Q: When will the game release?
A (M.H):
As soon as it is done.
That`s also refreshing. Have they started? Is their an update history? If they start after they`ve reached their funding, that would leave about 10 months to finish.
Would love to see I-War 3. Currently playing I-War 2 again, one of the Devs posts occasionally on Good Old Games.

Didn't the developer in the same interview hinted that even if the fan support did not reach the set goal (which it did not), tehre would be other ways to finance the project? Or was that just wishful thinking?
Argel_Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #20
DiabloTigerSix

Purchasing Nexus: The Jupiter Incident doesn't help as it's a different publisher, right?
DiabloTigerSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #21
za.ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell Aset View Post
Abandoned shortly after release eh? well you know, that can be said about many new games today too. That would not make me not want to see part 2 of this game made tho.
Than you are not a responsible consumer. They screwed up once, why should they do better in the next game? And why should you bet your money on this?
The first game is not working very well, and just like any other game, you should be careful now with a sequel and any other games from that publisher and game studio.
za.ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #22
Kell Aset

Whatever man, I really never had any problem with Nexus:TJI, steam version and non-steam one, well except for multi or rather now lack of it ehh but I play that game for good single player campaign anyway so no worries here.

Anyway, why prolongue this discussion, Nexus 2 donation action ended few months ago already devs never got enough money to make N2 and so all donated so far money went back to the ppl that donated.

Last edited by Kell Aset: 03-31-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Kell Aset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
dlorT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arparso View Post
There is a Mechwarrior game in the works, although I haven't heard much of it lately. But I second that about I-War 3 - what an amazing series that was!
http://www.mwomercs.com What's that i hear about a new Mechwarrior, your post is old so hopefully you already found out.
dlorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #24
Blazewamp

hope they try agian some time use kick starter since its rather known now
Blazewamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
mriguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazewamp View Post
hope they try agian some time use kick starter since its rather known now
Agreed, it needs to be put on Kickstarter, games-plant.com does not have the recognition that Amazon has. I never even heard of them until Nexus 2 was announce and even then I had reservations with making a contribution.

I rank Nexus up there with the Homeworld series.
mriguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #26
Argel_Tal

I loved the first one and donated for a sequel, but we all know how that turned out. What is the last news about Nexus 2? Have the makers found another means of financing?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #27
Ph3NiX

Steam user bignick277 posted (see link below) about a possible new crowd-funding for NEXUS 2, this time on Kickstarter, probably in a few weeks time.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...8#post31224258

Hope this one is going to go better. I will surely pledge ma money!
Hope they make it
Ph3NiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #28
Argel_Tal

Let's hope this will turn out well, then

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nexus: The Jupiter Incident