Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Juarez series

Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #16
Zephon

I dont get all the ranting about the accuracy of real life details in the game. I'ts a game, its not meant to be learning experience and more importantly I dont know anyone who would allow their children to play a game that accurately defined sex/drug trafficking.

I'ts a very serious topic indeed and it really has no business being in a video game. I dont think the devs were being lazy when they changed certain elements, they were just plying it safe.
Zephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #17
diogo_cme

They should offer me 17 bucks to play this piece of crap...and I'd turn down the offer.
diogo_cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #18
gutbub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signa8
Gonna drop this video in a few threads:

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...rez-the-cartel
Watched the whole video. Kind of hard to take somebody serious when they try and convey a point through cartoons and an annoying voice. Besides, I don't play games for the message they convey or the politics. I play them for fun.

Quote:
Originally posted by ShockLobster
Even though the game's pretty clearly bad on its own merits, I clicked through to the sales page, saw Ubisoft as publisher, and that was the first thing that caused me to say, 'oh, I'm not buying this.'
This. Ever since Ubisoft implemented the online connection required to play even singleplayer DRM, I haven't bought any more games from them. It's a shame really, cause I've missed out on Assassin's Creed games and The Settlers 7.

Quote:
Originally posted by Donnicton
I'll see your PATV and raise you a ZP.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...rez-The-Cartel
This video actually gave me reasons not to buy. I've watched some of his videos before, and he's kind of hard to understand, but at least he talked about the gameplay rather than the ethics.
gutbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #19
Urhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutbub View Post
(...) Besides, I don't play games for the message they convey or the politics. I play them for fun.

(...)

at least he talked about the gameplay rather than the ethics.
I think we all play them for fun.
But some misinterpretations are more an insult rather and inaccuracy.

I don't expect a game to be highly illustrative about something, but at least it mustn't be the opposite as reality (equal to a lie or an intented / unintented falsification of real matters), mostly when it's pretending to be serious.

And everything has its ethics, you can care about it or not, but it is there.

In fact it is my belief that the more respectful you are when you write about something, and I mean anything, the better your result is.

Otherwise, it becomes stupid, naive and worse things.
Urhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #20
Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealZero View Post
Fair warning... Cartel is one of the worst titles of 2011 plus one of the worst titles of all time.
If you are ____ enough to waste money on this game than my God have mercy on your soul.
Great, I always wanted a sequel to E.T.
Protoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
Cut2TheChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutbub View Post
This. Ever since Ubisoft implemented the online connection required to play even singleplayer DRM, I haven't bought any more games from them.
This, yea me too. I see Ubisoft and immediately say crap, another game ruined.
Cut2TheChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #22
Sir Vyval

The game isn't that bad.
Sir Vyval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
kaboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealZero View Post
Fair warning... Cartel is one of the worst titles of 2011 plus one of the worst titles of all time.
If you are ____ enough to waste money on this game than my God have mercy on your soul.
The game is bad indeed, but its not a lot worse than the Call of Duty games, its basically the exact same principle and design, just not so well done.
kaboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
felixtibs

I have to say this game has been fun to play. If you like the COJ series you will enjoy it. plus there are boobs.
felixtibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #25
Ywap

It´s a pretty good mature action game imo. Solid shooting, stunning visuals and some of the sexiest textures out there.

Much better then Bound in Blood but it could have been really awesome if it hadn´t been designed as a coop game.
Ywap is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Juarez series