Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam

Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
HobbitStomper

Any official words regarding the GTA Pack not in library on Mac - bug?

It has been almost 4 days now since GTA III, Vice City and San Andres have been released on Steam for Mac. With it came the bug that people who previously purchased those games for Windows via a Pack/Collection, do not have those games showing up on their Mac library.

Ticket has been sent, unfortunately no response so far and I also can't find any official words regarding this issue, apart from dozens of threads where people complain.

4 days is quite a while for not having access to your purchased games. As I said, I'm just looking for any kind of official words regarding this issue.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
HobbitStomper

And here comes the award winning Steam ticket support answer.

Quote:
Hello,

My Message:
Hello,

I've seen the games Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City have been release for Mac.

I own all of these games already, however I am not able to download them on my Mac.
I've never had Steam installed on this current Mac I'm using. So it's a fresh installation of Steam.

Please let me know what I can.

REPLY BY STEAM SUPPORT:
###########
A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello,

Games that are purchased for Windows may not always appear in your Library when viewing your Steam account on a Mac.

I do show the game has been purchased and is tied to your Steam ID, however as it is a Windows game it may not show on OS X.

Please log in to Steam on a Windows computer and view your Library to ensure the game is playable.

If you have any further difficulty, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
Seriously. I've been with steam since 2003. Used their ticket system maybe 1-2 times a year. Every single answer I have ever gotten is total non-sense. Is steam outsourcing this to india?

I mean come on Valve! This is ridiculous that steam support staff, NEVER EVER reads any message properly and just sends out template messages.
HobbitStomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
oicomovaivoce

I do agree with your side, but they allways helped me out so I have nothing to complain about.
oicomovaivoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
User_Name_Here

SA and VC have separate entries for the Mac and PC versions, so I'd cut the confused support staff some slack.

As has been said, in another thread it seems to be working now.

Also, how many threads for GTA 3 for Mac do we really need?
User_Name_Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
microserf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbitStomper View Post
I mean come on Valve! This is ridiculous that steam support staff, NEVER EVER reads any message properly and just sends out template messages.
I had the exact same response, word for word. If Steam doesn't even realize what games are SteamPlay, it's not surprising that they weren't set up properly. At least the games were eventually fixed outside of the support ticket.
microserf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
HobbitStomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by User_Name_Here View Post
SA and VC have separate entries for the Mac and PC versions, so I'd cut the confused support staff some slack.
Even if they have different entries. I clearly stated in my ticket that those games are now available for Mac, just proofs they don't read the tickets, they just fly over them. Apart from that, Valves own support should know what games are SteamPlay and which ones are not. Just once again just template messages from support.

But yes, the issues has been fix meanwhile for all users who had that problem.
HobbitStomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam