Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Old 12-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
wdcr0ck

Sniper: Ghost Warrior - The Comedy List

tl;dr - Just some random PC gamer blowing off steam about this silly game. Read. Avoid. Whatever.

Something good about this game: the thrill of the hunt. The music, the cover, and the pure adrenaline rush of hunting a bad guy then putting a bullet through his head...the game gets that part so right. The slow-mo pics are icing on the cake.

Now, the rest... lol

I'm dropping bad guys like bags of dirt but have to ask permission to engage them when they are targeting civilians? Huh? A bad guy alone can be killed at will but when he threatens civilians, he needs special permission?

I'm stalking 4 guys on a hill during the AAA mission. I come around the corner and have one guy dead to rights. My silenced pistol had him stone cold. Yet he survived. Why? He was hiding behind a big leaf. No joke. I had to move into fire to shoot him.

Why aren't the enemy AI reacting when they hear shots? Far Cry's AI could do it and that was in 2004! These people just wait patiently for me to sneak up on them and KILL them. I appreciate their patience but don't need THAT much help. Sure they look side to side...but no stalking, no flanking, nada.

This game seriously needs a "stealth bar" or something like we saw in a Splinter Cell game.

Oh, during the Friendly AI bug on the Rodriguez mission (as a silly "delta operative", I'm forced to take long range shots using an M4 or an FAR with iron sights. From the first "house", every time I moved (even behind cover), enemy AI would lay down suppressing fire so heavy that I took hits behind cover! Seriously.

The 50cal sniper rifle can shoot through an engine block...but apparently not in THIS game.

During the "escape from camp" in "A Simple Rendezvous", enemy soldiers on my right managed to shoot through broken down vehicles, fallen trees, and cabins with 100% accuracy. The Marines should hire these people. Un-friggin-real.

Oh, during cut scenes, the enemy couldn't hit the SS Titanic yet during actual gameplay, they can throw headshots at 300yds.

I hate this game. I'm ready to put a round through my PC.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Old and wasted

The game does have a stealth bar... haven't you noticed it yet?
Old and wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
kschang

I don't mind a little accuracy, but some of that accuracy is ridiculous, I agree. it's as if they're using sniper rifles, not assault rifles.

Then there's the ridiculous "escape from camp" mission. Remember that mission where you lost the radio to call for pickup, and somehow the only radio is in the middle of the enemy camp?

So I got through the whole camp, killed everybody, and slowly snuck out through the hole in the fence.

I heard sirens, so I ran for it, with a little zig zag.

Got hit. Hit the medpack... then died about 20 yards from the hill. WTF?!

So the game goes to checkpoint... I'm under the tree 10 yards from the hill. I turned to look at the hill... gunfire... I died. That's like 3 seconds after the restart. WTF?!

So upon restart, I crouched and ran for the hill and cover of sand bags. Got to the hill, and died IMMEDIATELY.

Repeat... died again. This time, I managed to spin around, and saw two guys behind me. I managed to shoot off my pistol a few rounds, but never did hit them.

I tried various combinations of run, medpack, crouch, cover behind tree, etc. Must have tried like 10-20 different combinations. NONE worked. That checkpoint is ****ed.

Haven't touch the game ever since.
kschang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
Jcpsr

Game Testers must be getting overpaid because it looks like they didnt even test the game before releasing it.

The positive is the game doesnt LAG like Red Orchestra 2.
Jcpsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
gimmemaskillbac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschang View Post
I don't mind a little accuracy, but some of that accuracy is ridiculous, I agree. it's as if they're using sniper rifles, not assault rifles.

Then there's the ridiculous "escape from camp" mission. Remember that mission where you lost the radio to call for pickup, and somehow the only radio is in the middle of the enemy camp?

So I got through the whole camp, killed everybody, and slowly snuck out through the hole in the fence.

I heard sirens, so I ran for it, with a little zig zag.

Got hit. Hit the medpack... then died about 20 yards from the hill. WTF?!

So the game goes to checkpoint... I'm under the tree 10 yards from the hill. I turned to look at the hill... gunfire... I died. That's like 3 seconds after the restart. WTF?!

So upon restart, I crouched and ran for the hill and cover of sand bags. Got to the hill, and died IMMEDIATELY.

Repeat... died again. This time, I managed to spin around, and saw two guys behind me. I managed to shoot off my pistol a few rounds, but never did hit them.

I tried various combinations of run, medpack, crouch, cover behind tree, etc. Must have tried like 10-20 different combinations. NONE worked. That checkpoint is ****ed.

Haven't touch the game ever since.
just run to the sandbags and say prone and hiding until the choper arrives...if you stay down in the sandbags the enemy just dont advance. do that....
gimmemaskillbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
gantryman

Here's a list of my moments of ridiculousness in this game:
I got spotted by an enemy who was at the other end of the map, but managed to get right up to another enemy, in an open area, without being noticed.
I was at the top of a tower, in that section where you had to stall the enemies. I was spotted immediately, at the top of that tower, lying down behind cover, without having fired once. I was then headshot'd repeatedly by enemies with assault rifles, when I had trouble hitting them with a sniper rifle at that distance and wind speed.
I was told to "sneak past" a group of soldiers by the game, tried sneaking for about 40 minutes, gave up. Found out later that the only way to get past them without dying was to run by them. As you were shown at the beginning of the game, running =/= sneaking.
I haven't played it since.
gantryman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior