Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Mushe

Banned
No achievement for the coop DLC?

WHY???
Old 02-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Anotherwrld

Because the DLC was also free for consoles, and Microsoft wants you to charge if you add DLC with achievements.
Anotherwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Mushe

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherwrld View Post
Because the DLC was also free for consoles, and Microsoft wants you to charge if you add DLC with achievements.
What? Microsoft? Consoles?

I'm talking about the PC version of STEAM, Valve can add all the achievements they want for free just with a few line codes and a 20x20 image u.u
Mushe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushe View Post
What? Microsoft? Consoles?

I'm talking about the PC version of STEAM, Valve can add all the achievements they want for free just with a few line codes and a 20x20 image u.u
Sure.

"Let's give something exclusive to the PC version, screw all the other platforms in which we released the game!"

MartinKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
Qrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinKhan View Post
Sure.

"Let's give something exclusive to the PC version, screw all the other platforms in which we released the game!"

Hold on a sec, think about it. Valve wants this DLC to be free, regardless of platform. If what was said about Microsoft is true, then there are obviously going to be no new achievements for the Xbox. But why should that mean that the other platforms don't get any?

Anyway, that probably wasn't even why there weren't any new achievements. If I remember correctly, none of the other co-op courses had their own specific achievements. To be honest, the only thing in the DLC that I think is achievement-worthy is beating the course.
Qrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Hold on a sec, think about it. Valve wants this DLC to be free, regardless of platform. If what was said about Microsoft is true, then there are obviously going to be no new achievements for the Xbox. But why should that mean that the other platforms don't get any?
Well, they also want to be fair with all the platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Anyway, that probably wasn't even why there weren't any new achievements. If I remember correctly, none of the other co-op courses had their own specific achievements. To be honest, the only thing in the DLC that I think is achievement-worthy is beating the course.
There are course specific achievements, and not only the "Beat this Course" ones. Talent Show, Still Alive, Triple Crown, Portal Conservation Society, Iron Grip and Party of Three, for example.
MartinKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Mushe

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinKhan View Post
Sure.

There are a lot of stuff in PC Valve games that XBOX version doesn't. Look at TF2 PC and XBOX, or L4D2, and also some achievements in Portal 2...

Valve gives to their users all for free.
Mushe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2