Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Solar 2

Old 02-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Pasidon

It just doesn't work..

Ok, so Solar 2 won't run for me. It seems like a typical 'just won't boot' problem without error messages, but I already fixed all the problems up to this point... or so I thought. Firstly there was a .Net error that came up when I tried to boot Solar 2, and I resolved that and all the errors that came with it, and now I'm at this point. I looked at the bug thread and I already attempted the fixes for the silent error issue without luck, obviously. I also downloaded XNA 4... although I have no idea how it's relevant to helping Solar 2 boot properly. But that's my current situation. Would desperately appreciate some help, although I'm sure my next fix will just lead me to my next error, with my luck.......... ....
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
Murudai

Murudai
What are your computer specs? Operating system? Try running the game from the folder rather than through Steam, as that tends to show up .NET issues. If it's a .NET problem then you might be best googling up help on how to resolve errors with it and get it working.
Murudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Pasidon

Oh... right. Windows 7, HP Intel i3 Laptop... basic stuff. But stuff that meets the requirements and by all means should work. But actually, I originally tried to get it for Steam but it failed with a whole different set of errors, so now I actually just have the raw version of the game I got from Gamer's Gate... I've spent far too much money on this.

And I've been through 16 pages of Google with the question without any (right) answers... so I dunno.
Pasidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Murudai

Murudai
Try downloading and running the Magicka demo. Magicka uses a similar code library to me (just an older version) and so if Magicka fails as well, that'll say whether it really is the game or if it's .NET. If Magicka works, then it's like something with Solar 2.

Do you have any access to another computer? You could try installing it on there and seeing if it works.

Also, if you have an Xbox 360 I can give you some free codes for the version on there.
Murudai is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Solar 2