Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II

Old 02-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Paradox__rep

Paradox
Known Issues

1. If you have marked any character in the game as being of interest, that game will crash the next time you try to load it. Will be fixed in the next patch.
2. Error message: MSVCP100.dll (or similar) is missing. Solution: install this: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=8328
3. Error message: d3dx9_41.dll (or similar) is missing. Solution: install this: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
The difference between error messages for 2 and 3 is that the latter usually contains d3dx somewhere.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
AgingHobo

I have a problem with the tutorial.

During the Basic Combat Tutorial where you have to send your troops in a ship to an island the game doesn't advance passed the 24th of September.

I load the men into the ship and send it away, unpause the game and the ship goes a small way towards the island and then nothing happens, the days don't advance anymore and I can't complete the objective. I tried restarting the tutorial but it happens again every time.
AgingHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
todwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgingHobo View Post

During the Basic Combat Tutorial where you have to send your troops in a ship to an island the game doesn't advance passed the 24th of September.

I load the men into the ship and send it away, unpause the game and the ship goes a small way towards the island and then nothing happens, the days don't advance anymore and I can't complete the objective. I tried restarting the tutorial but it happens again every time.
Same here. This tutorial is broken.
todwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Bague

i have the same, my combat tutorial doesnt work after i load people into the ships.
Did noone test the tutorials?
Bague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
ownu00

I can reproduce this bug 100% of the time. Quite a serious bug for new players.
JBOO Checksum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgingHobo View Post

Last edited by ownu00: 02-15-2012 at 06:42 PM.
ownu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
Bodzu

Same bug in the tutorial. Its broken.
Bodzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
todwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodzu View Post
Same bug in the tutorial. Its broken.
<crickets chirping>
todwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
ownu00

Good news! The 1.03b patch fix this! (I use the GG version)
And then when you land the tutorial bug again....
ownu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
AstroCat

The Messaging System seems totally broken. Tons of messages only go to the message box at the bottom even if they are selected for the Low Priority Tab. Others have reported setting them to pause and other setting don't work either. This seems pretty important to me to fix, did the patch correct this?

After patch: Right away I had 2 High Priority messages that only appeared in the message box at the bottom and not in the Tabs section. Hardly anything is going where it should. (In an information based game this seems very important to me, especially to new players)

Last edited by AstroCat: 02-17-2012 at 08:29 AM.
AstroCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
Bodzu

Yep, it looks like no one in Paradox check the tutorial himself, otherwise how to explain that??
Bodzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
RemoraDFC

Exclamation Vassal loyalty not adjusting after new patch

Begin Great Hunt.
Get event, where my mayor(better hunter) allows me the kill.
Suppose to grant me a +40 opinion. No change occurs at all.
I had same event happen twice. With same mayor. No loyalty gains.

On the hunt, event where my vassals were questioning my hunting prowess. I had two options. 1-admit I suck and take a 20 prestige hit. 2-claim the kill of one of my courtiers and only lose 10 prestige but that courtier hates me a bunch(-15 I think). I chose option 2. But no loyalty adjustment.

Assign someone to educate a child. The Diplomatic body text says, that person will gain 20 opinion with me, for the honour of teaching the kid. No such gain is received.

If my ruler has ruled longer then 10 years, I cannot change inheritance. Even though it says in pop-up, ruled for atleast 10 years. This is either a coding or scrypt error.

When I change succession laws, why are my Bishops and Mayors upset. The information pop-up says that only members of my Dynasty will be upset. These people are not part of my Dynasty. They are vassals. Not related. The law change affects them little.

If I arrange a marriage for a lesser vassal with a courtier. If the lesser vassal(mayor/male) has ambition for marriage. And the courtier has ambition for marriage(courtier/female). When they get married, she leaves my court and becomes his wife. Both lose their ambition. Mayor gets the +15 for fulfillment. The former courtier get +15 towards her husband(new liege), not towards me. I am the one who got her married, she was a part of my own court. Should she not be appreciative towards me?

* oh and not sure if I misunderstood this one in tutorial. But if I levy Realm units. My Vassals still get upset over time. I thought this was not suppose to occur, hence why I accept the upkeep costs. Maybe I just need clarification on that one.

Thank-you. Lovin the game still.

Last edited by RemoraDFC: 02-19-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: more to add
RemoraDFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
naa123

Game just won't launch

anyone else have this problem?

I'm looking for specific fix options... I have already tried everything in the Steam threads about disabling every background program, updating every driver, etc.

I meet or beat all of the sys requirements

any advice is appreciated

thanks
naa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
RemoraDFC

I think I saw in a thread, you may need to have local content removed(uninstall game), then re-install it. I cant say for certain it will remedy the problem. Just suggesting, if you have not tried it yet.
RemoraDFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
Drewie29

Font size is too small - why make text heavy games like this with a font that you have move closer to the screen to read!?

Anyone know how to change font size please?

I don't mind if the text/font bleeds over UI menu borders and the like I just want to be able to read the text with out getting sore eyes and head ache.

I play at 1920 x 1080 on a 46" Bravia - at this point only slight work around is to move couch right up in front of TV which is not a long term fix obviously and even then font is still hard to read.

Have played hundreds perhaps thousands of games (am 34 with healthy eye site) and only recall a couple being difficult to read text in which I gave up on - please fix or provide advice on how to increase font/text size.
Drewie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
naa123

fixed it, now just need to learn how to play
naa123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II