Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 02-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
treedoor

Please make setting game categories better/easier...

First problem - Why can you only set one game at a time? It's annoying if I want to put a big group of games into a single category at one time. It's just one by one by one, and is very slow.

Second problem - Don't have Steam automatically scroll to the top of your game list after you set a game to its category. I have a big list of games, and that can be frustrating when setting games to their respective categories

Third problem - Take away some steps in the process of setting game categories. It's pretty simple to add a game to favorites, but why for any category do you have to "right click > set category > click on box > click ok"?

Honestly the biggest problem that needs addressing is number one. It's the reason the other two issues are as big of a problem as they are because doing all this ONE BY ONE is annoying.

Not only that, but there is a bug on Steam that seems to enjoy deleting categories. I have 129 games on my Steam list, and had them all set up into categories, and for whatever reason those categories are now gone, and every game is now bunched up into a giant list. That's happened multiple times now...
Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Roxor

I got hit by that bug, too. I'm still re-sorting my 300+ games...
Roxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
treedoor

I'm bumping this as I hope Gabe's eyes see this.
treedoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Eunos

Banned
Forget it, a better client UI has been requested now for years, and Valve carry on ignoring all requests for one, simply put, you have a better chance of walking on the moon personally, then Valve updating the UI.
Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Epsilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunos View Post
Forget it, a better client UI has been requested now for years, and Valve carry on ignoring all requests for one, simply put, you have a better chance of walking on the moon personally, then Valve updating the UI.
They totally redid the UI in April 2010, less than two years ago, which is when categories were added. Saying it's been "years" that people have been making requests for improvements to that feature is somewhat disingenuous.
Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Eunos

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
They totally redid the UI in April 2010, less than two years ago, which is when categories were added. Saying it's been "years" that people have been making requests for improvements to that feature is somewhat disingenuous.
You mean, they put a new skin on it and added categories(folders), but they also left out the OP's 1st and 3rd issues (The 2nd not really being a UI issue, more of how the client updates), and the ability to rename them. Which by the way are the improvements people have been requesting for the stated time frame.

Feel free to use the search function to pull up requests from back then, I'm even sure you could find a few from before they totally redid the UI.. and left out the more commonly used UI features while they were doing it.

Last edited by Eunos: 02-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas