Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Metro 2033

Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
vhold

Physx -> CPU indicator stuck on screen?

Am I the only one stuck with text in the upper left corner that says "Physx -> CPU" ? I can turn on GPU physx, but that message stays there all the time.

I'm using 3D vision with Nvidia GTX 275.

Edit: nevermind, I turned this thing on myself under Nvidia Control Panel -> 3d Settings -> Show Physx Visual Indicator.

First time I've ever seen it though. Kind of interesting that when I turn on "Advanced physics" it seems to switch back and forth between GPU and CPU occasionally.

Last edited by vhold: 03-15-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
FunkNasty420

Banned
How is the 3d? *drools*
FunkNasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
Paladriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhold View Post
Am I the only one stuck with text in the upper left corner that says "Physx -> CPU" ? I can turn on GPU physx, but that message stays there all the time.

I'm using 3D vision with Nvidia GTX 275.

Edit: nevermind, I turned this thing on myself under Nvidia Control Panel -> 3d Settings -> Show Physx Visual Indicator.

First time I've ever seen it though. Kind of interesting that when I turn on "Advanced physics" it seems to switch back and forth between GPU and CPU occasionally.
It turned on for me during Mass Effect 2... dunno why I sure as hell didn't enable it.
Paladriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #4
vhold

The 3D Vision support for this game is excellent, a major GPU hog though. Most other games have a few weird things here or there that aren't at right depth, but this game seems perfect. The Just Cause 2 demo has also been perfect.

What's weird is that it's working out mental circuits I'm not used to flexing in intense visual focus.. It's sort of tiresome, but I've noticed that afterwards I experience a kind of mental afterglow similar to other kinds of exercise. It's so intense that when I'm trying to go to sleep I re-experience the game, which is also a bit much. This sort of thing may require moderation
vhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
MegaFilth90

Thank You

I am so glad you asked this question. I never would have found out how to remove that crap!
MegaFilth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
harsh.sth

PHYSX INDICATOR VISIBLE ON SCREEN

TRIED UNCHECKING FROM NVIDIA CONTROL PANNEL BUT PHYSX INDICATOR DOSENT GO AWAY....ANY ONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUE ...
harsh.sth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Metro 2033