Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 02-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #1756
one8man8army8

Is the CoP Complete worth downloading? I've heard quite a few negative things about it around different forums. I enjoyed complete in SoC, but I've read that the CoP version is a candle to the flame of it's predecessor.
one8man8army8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #1757
The Wuggly Ump

Quote:
Originally Posted by one8man8army8 View Post
Is the CoP Complete worth downloading? I've heard quite a few negative things about it around different forums. I enjoyed complete in SoC, but I've read that the CoP version is a candle to the flame of it's predecessor.
Personally, I liked the CoP version better. SoC Complete seems to have some technical issues but CoP Complete felt like a natural extension of the game.
The Wuggly Ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #1758
Fsta-Atls

Any word on the 2012 update for SoC?
Fsta-Atls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #1759
one8man8army8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wuggly Ump View Post
Personally, I liked the CoP version better. SoC Complete seems to have some technical issues but CoP Complete felt like a natural extension of the game.
So you don't experience any extra bugs playing Complete CoP? That's the big complaint that I've read a lot about (that it's riddled with bugs.)
Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #1760
Bad_Motha

Banned
I personally never really seen first hand most bugs people speak of.
Suppose I'm one of the lucky ones where nearly everything I try runs fine the first time.

But in all honesty, COMPLETE mods are well written and don't really exhibit bugs that the game didn't already have to begin with. If anything it fixes quite a few annoying bugs that were never patched by GSC.

From what I understand the first public release, version 1.0 of CoP COMPLETE was kind buggy. But Paul (aka ArtistPavel) quickly fixed those and with v1.02 you shouldn't experience those previous bugs. I've played CoP many times, being as I beta tested CoP COMPLETE, and 1.02 is very solid and I've never experienced anything truly odd, or crashes due to the mod.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #1761
one8man8army8

Awesome. I actually just reinstalled CoP and was debating installing SMRTR again. There were two big features of SMRTR that I loved..

a) Added unmarked, secret chests around in the maps with special guns/mods/etc around all of the maps.

b) Added a bunch of new guns and gun mods that I loved, without having 20 variants of the AK74 that are just fluff without a real purpose.

Is there an Arsenal mod or something similar to add on top of CoP? I'm a bit naive to all of the CoP mods at the moment.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #1762
Bad_Motha

Banned
If you want extras that were not in the game, then look at mods like these for CoP.

SMRTER
PRIPYATAN GOLD
PRIPYATAN ARMS

COMPLETE achieves what it always does, take the vanilla game, keep those same factors (like original gameplay) in mind and then enhance the graphics, sound, fix bugs/glitches. More of a polished version overall. But doesn't go adding in things the game didn't already have, like extra guns and such (like we've seen in AMK and OL in SoC). The only real thing COMPLETE adds that wasn't there before is a sleeping bag. While it doesn't serve too big of a purpose in CoP (since there are places to sleep), it does help to have this in SoC & CS.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #1763
one8man8army8

I'll take a look at those mods then. I used Complete in SoC, but also had the Arsenal (or whatever it was called) addon for it. Gameplay trumps graphics for me, and more guns/things to search for are much more enjoyable than atmosphere improvements (regardless of how well they are done.)

It's a bit disappointing if there isn't a content add-on for Complete though, as I'd love to try it out.

Thank you for all of the pointers though.

Last edited by one8man8army8: 02-01-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #1764
Snoozle

hm I've read, that there is an arsenal like mod which is compatible to CoP Complete.... is this confirmed ?!??!!?

that would be great since for example for SoC as far as I know, arsenal mods are not compatible with the SoC Complete mod.

would be great, I hope someone can confirm it * !

Last edited by Snoozle: 02-02-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Snoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #1765
h0tp0ck3t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrus View Post
Dudes, I just installed a GTX550ti (replacing my old GT230) and Complete runs like poo. I can't pin the problem down to anything in particular. I get 20 FPS at most after disabling motion blur and DoF. My resolution is 1280x1024. Oddly, my old card had similar performance.

BF3 runs with everything set to High and HBAO enabled. What gives?

EDIT: FML. 5 minutes after posting this, I find the cause: the nVidia control panel was forcing some insane antialiasing. I disabled it and it runs like a dream now. I'm leaving this here for anyone else who might have a similar problem!
Thanks man. Same card same problem. Nvidia control panel fix worked
h0tp0ck3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #1766
Miglanz

Unhappy

Hi there,

I have a problem that really bothers me (and obviously there are some more peeps who have the same problem; I read the same question in this thread but noone did answer).

It's about the 16:9 scope option at the start of installation. In the changelog of the complete mod 1.4.4 it says that 16:9 was added (apart from 4:3 and 16:10). I downloaded that version and there's no such option!! I only got the choice between 16:10 and 4:3!

Actually my problem is those compressed oval scopes (they should be indeed round). And I do not even know if this 16:9 option would change anything, but I guess because it's the last solution I can think of.

So what do you think? What might also work? Maybe someone can just post me the things to change in the game directory! (if is so easy)

What really bothers me is (apart from the egg-scopes) the fact that everyone is talking about the cool round scopes that come with the 1.4.4 (as I said, even the change log announces it!) and I can only choose between stretched (16:10) and compressed (4:3) scopes!

What can I do?

By the way, I have around 15" monitor: so 16:9 would be the thing to choose, wouldn't it?

Please help me & answer!

Regards,
Miglanz
Miglanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #1767
GuardianAngel42

Quote:
Originally Posted by one8man8army8 View Post
So you don't experience any extra bugs playing Complete CoP? That's the big complaint that I've read a lot about (that it's riddled with bugs.)
I've never had a problem that I couldn't trace to something else.

When I first installed it it would crash every now and again and, coming to the forums, I found that other people had the same problem as me. This led me to believe that it was the mod's fault.

Later I discovered that my RAM overclock wasn't stable and that was causing the problem. I'm not that great at overclocking yet so there are plenty of growing pains for me. After fixing that, the game runs fine with no crashes.
GuardianAngel42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #1768
Miglanz

Hi there,

strangely the 16:9 option appeared when I downloaded from another mirror. So that problem is okay now, BUT:

Still the scopes are very compressed!
I don't know what to do, can anyone explain me the coherency of resolution and screen-format?

The maximum resolution that stalker (Shadow of Chernobyl by the way) offers me is 1366x786 (or 782/768, can't remeber the exact number) but playing in this resolution makes everything stretched.

So I play with 1024x786 (or 782/768). Now which is the screen-format I should choose? I know my screen can actually make at least 16:9 but as I said this makes everything stretched in the game.

What to do if I want to see everything neither stretched nor compressed (scopes and environment)?

Regards,
Miglanz

Last edited by Miglanz: 02-20-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #1769
Miglanz

Hello,

last problem is solved.

But I would like to know where exactly I can find the texture-data of the enhanced AS Val "Sniper". Because it still has the lame standard scope. However, when I add a PSO-scope to the normal AS Val I get those cool Gnomus vision. But on the enhanced version as I said still that lame one. How to solve this?

Regards,
Miglanz
Old 03-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #1770
earsplit

Played around with the brightness and the gamma. Got nighttime to look REALLY terrifying. Let me know what you think!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sunn666/screenshots/
earsplit is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series