Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 02-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
Apocalypse92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVPR View Post
not what 1% of the community wants.
1%? I would have to say it's a much larger number then that.
Apocalypse92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #17
Aquc

Umm, before this argument progresses can I ask what is meant by the community? If its meant by people who've played in the last month, then 1% may be right. If it only includes regular players then its a bit higher. Not a much larger number, but higher netherless. Ultimately though, the maps should be able to support the mutations as a matter of course, and the proportion who play it shouldn't matter. I will say I could understand if they had to wait for confogl to cycle around again on the official mutations.

And in the meantime;
Confogl players, you aren't as big as you think. Get over it.
Non-confogl players, confogl gamers are important as they get the name mentioned on sites like contender gaming. Accept it.
Aquc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #18
wolfshadow0118

How about they have a list of all mutations under the mutation section?
wolfshadow0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
Rayman1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfshadow0118 View Post
How about they have a list of all mutations under the mutation section?
That would be very easy to implement, and would allow everyone to play any Mutation whenever they wanted.
Rayman1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
skyhighatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaltragedy View Post
What in the world does that have to do with the DLC itself? Whether or not it supports a mutation isn't going to change a thing. If the Confogl lovers can't stand not being able to play Cold Stream in all their competitive glory, then that's just too bad for them.
I was simply making a statement regarding the status of the competitive community. We've been playing the same 4 maps for a couple years now. Without new content, many players, competitive or not, move on to other games simply for more enjoyment (myself being one of them). It has a lot to do with the DLC, mainly the L4D1 maps; Cold Stream, not so much.

Quote:
The players on the forum only make up only a very small fraction of the players who play L4D, and the people on the Steam forums who enjoy confogl is yet another fraction, making it played almost not at all.
You need to consider that these aren't the only forums that cater to competitive L4D players. There are more than you think. And honestly, the "competitive community" is probably the largest group of players that keep the L4D series consistently active. For most of them, L4D/L4D2 are the only games they play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman1103 View Post
That would be very easy to implement, and would allow everyone to play any Mutation whenever they wanted.
IMO this would be an excellent addition. Convenient and it would increase activity, as some players will load up L4D2 only to see if their favorite mutation is available. If it isn't, OMG CoDMW9!

Aside from agreeing with NUMBER's post, all I was saying is the competitive scene will definitely lose players if the DLC/L4D1 maps don't work with Confogl.

Last edited by skyhighatrist: 02-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.
skyhighatrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #21
Aquc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhighatrist View Post
And honestly, the "competitive community" is probably the largest group of players that keep the L4D series consistently active.
You almost seemed to be putting forward factual arguments until now. Seriously, you aren't nearly as big of a target market as the people who just mess around on it. Please face it and move on.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #22
MuphreysLaw

Realism Versus was built by Valve with little input from the competitive community. Confogl was built by the competitive community. The difference there explains why noone plays realism even though its permanent, and why everytime I check my friends list there are multiple confogl games going even though its not even in rotation. Confogl will not die, people actually want to play it and the majority of people who get a taste for it do not ever want to touch vanilla versus again.

Valve do see the value of competitive gamers - two of their upcoming releases that are currently in beta are evidence of that. Most developers nowadays will have the core game targetted at casual gamers and a seperate mode/section/settings targetted for competitive play. It is a big target market. Competitive gamers are still playing this game every free hour they get. They will buy this upcoming DLC 2 minutes after it releases at any price no matter what they say. Casual gamers are already playing MW3.

Last edited by MuphreysLaw: 02-20-2012 at 05:34 AM.
MuphreysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #23
mkj13

Quote:
Whether you people like it or not, the Confogl crowd is not big enough for Valve to start cantering around it. Yes people enjoy playing confogl but with the amount of casual gamers, young people, and people who don't enjoy confogl, it makes it only a little more popular than any other mutaion. If confogl becomes perminent it will see the same fate as Realism Versus, people with love that its there but never play it. Valve shouln't waste their time focusing on one feature of the game that, in all truth, doesn't have nearly as much of a following that some people believe to have accquired. The players on the forum only make up only a very small fraction of the players who play L4D, and the people on the Steam forums who enjoy confogl is yet another fraction, making it played almost not at all. People have to start thinking the big picture, Valve will do with the DLC what needs to be done, not what 1% of the community wants.
hmmm i have to disagree the last few day i been watching public games and confogl games, i went in a pub game four times over the weekend and search for games to join. ill list four different examples

1. First time i searched there was 5 games to join 3 in progress and two lobbies, then looked at my friends list and there was 5 different confogl lobbies going on at the same time

2. Second time was a little later in the night. searched public games there was 7 different games going 5 lobbies and 2 in progress, then i looked at my friends list and there was 6 different confogl games being played

3. third time was sunday atfernoon, checked public games there was 9 games. 6 in progress and 3 lobbies, checked my friends list there was 4 confogl games going.

4. final time was later in the evening, i check public games there was 4 all in progress no lobbies, then i checked my friend list and there was 7 different games being played.

So i am gonna do a little math here.
1. public games there was 25 in the two days
2. confogl games there was 22 in two days

i don't know if you ask me confogl is being played a lot for a mutation thats not up anymore. it is almost being played more then public games. it never will be played more the public games,
but it proves how many people play confogl, about 50 percent of xbox's community plays confogl. and if valve checks there playing time they will see this and make confogl a permanent mode for the future. ( i hope ) And this is coming from someone who leads the competitive community on xbox.

So as far as saying there is not enough people in the confogl community. thats not true, not even close. its seem you might not be a competivive player for l4d2.

Support the community dont kill it!

Last edited by mkj13: 02-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.
mkj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #24
Aquc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkj13 View Post

i don't know if you ask me confogl is being played a lot for a mutation thats not up anymore. it is almost being played more then public games. it never will be played more the public games,
but it proves how many people play confogl, about 50 percent of xbox's community plays confogl. and if valve checks there playing time they will see this and make confogl a permanent mode for the future. ( i hope ) And this is coming from someone how leads the competitive community on xbox.
Umm, can I just use this to prove a point? (also, before I go any further I fully support that confogl should be supported and is an important part of the community)
In 2 trials. 2. Thats not many. Roughly 50% of the games were confogl. The games. Last time I checked you don't become a new person each game, so the number of games is only loosely linked to the size of the community. Before you argue look back (as someone kindly shot you in the foot) and see that someone claimed that confogl players, for the most part, only really play the L4D series, meaining that chances are there was a lot of crossover between those two games.
Further more I would argue that most confogl players are american. Would you agree? Therefore there is at least 8 hours a day that its likely there are no confogl players on, which further skews thing away from you.

Seriously, I'm supporting you. Now grow a pair and face reality.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
mkj13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquc View Post
Umm, can I just use this to prove a point? (also, before I go any further I fully support that confogl should be supported and is an important part of the community)
In 2 trials. 2. Thats not many. Roughly 50% of the games were confogl. The games. Last time I checked you don't become a new person each game, so the number of games is only loosely linked to the size of the community. Before you argue look back (as someone kindly shot you in the foot) and see that someone claimed that confogl players, for the most part, only really play the L4D series, meaining that chances are there was a lot of crossover between those two games.
Further more I would argue that most confogl players are american. Would you agree? Therefore there is at least 8 hours a day that its likely there are no confogl players on, which further skews thing away from you.

Seriously, I'm supporting you. Now grow a pair and face reality.
As my whole post said. i went into four public games at random times just to compare them ( public and confogl ) to see how many where being played. of course this isn't all times of the day and your right, euro players don't have as many players as the us. i wish they would fix your servers then maybe there would be more. And im happy you support confogl, its seems if you had more players you would play it to. i dont know if you interested but we have a league forming, maybe you might be into it. and there are a few uk players as well. I dont know just throwing it out there
mkj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
Apocalypse92

When Confogol was a mutation for the xbox that is all me and my friends played. Sad to not see it anymore. Hopefully they just replace Realism Versus.
Apocalypse92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #27
skyhighatrist

First off, I noticed the posts regarding the number of lobbies you see when searching, L4D2 only shows you joinable games. So in reality, there are more games going on than you're aware of. Just a little FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquc View Post
You almost seemed to be putting forward factual arguments until now. Seriously, you aren't nearly as big of a target market as the people who just mess around on it. Please face it and move on.
I well aware that when it comes down to numbers, Confogl players represent a smaller group. I guess I'm not being specific enough, that's my fault. When I say "consistently active" I mean they play Confogl every.chance.they.get. All day. All night. Find me 1 public player that does this. And hell, tell him/her to come play Confogl! They'll probably love it.

As Murphys Law stated, these are the players that swear by one game (L4D2) because they love it. Call them dedicated if you want. I've said this before, but when next gen. consoles are out, these players will still be setting up Confogl 4v4s.

That being said, my whole point circled the idea of steady activity, and how Confogl players bring said activity to L4D2. The Confogl demographic is steadily growing, and is a recognizable piece of the entire L4D2 community. You seem to be heavy-set on making sure we know that public players are the majority here, which is fine.

Bottom line is, we actually give a sh*t about this game. Hence the tangent we're on in a DLC thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse92 View Post
When Confogol was a mutation for the xbox that is all me and my friends played. Sad to not see it anymore. Hopefully they just replace Realism Versus.

PM me I can tell you how to set up a Confogl lobby on your own! No need to wait for the mutation.

Last edited by skyhighatrist: 02-21-2012 at 10:39 PM.
skyhighatrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #28
Ryu Hayabusa187

tanks for the help guys! if anyone wants to add me, my gamertag is the same as my login: Ryu Hayabusa187
Midwest USA in case time is a factor
Ryu Hayabusa187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #29
Aquc

Fair enough Skyhigh. And no thanks mjk, personally I don't actually like confogl, lag so badly I can't charge survivors in narrow hallways, and have tried competative in the past and didn't enjoy it.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
metaltragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkj13 View Post
hmmm i have to disagree the last few day i been watching public games and confogl games, i went in a pub game four times over the weekend and search for games to join. ill list four different examples

1. First time i searched there was 5 games to join 3 in progress and two lobbies, then looked at my friends list and there was 5 different confogl lobbies going on at the same time

2. Second time was a little later in the night. searched public games there was 7 different games going 5 lobbies and 2 in progress, then i looked at my friends list and there was 6 different confogl games being played

3. third time was sunday atfernoon, checked public games there was 9 games. 6 in progress and 3 lobbies, checked my friends list there was 4 confogl games going.

4. final time was later in the evening, i check public games there was 4 all in progress no lobbies, then i checked my friend list and there was 7 different games being played.

but it proves how many people play confogl, about 50 percent of xbox's community plays confogl. and if valve checks there playing time they will see this and make confogl a permanent mode for the future. ( i hope ) And this is coming from someone how leads the competitive community on xbox.

So as far as saying there is not enough people in the confogl community. thats not true, not even close. its seem you might not be a competivive player for l4d2. but if you like to join our community go to contendergaming.com and sign up on the forums we are always looking for more members! search and find a team or bring your own team and play in our league. pays 800 microsoft points for each player on the winning team.

Support the community dont kill it!
Lord, fix that post. Oh and thanks for that advertisement at the end! So enthused I'm going to go sign-up right away! What a joke.

Your whole post is a joke actually. Didn't help the argument at all. You lead the Xbox competitive community? You state 50 percent of the players playing the game play competitively? Let's see it. I highly doubt that. There is far more casual and maybe once a week players out there than the ones who enjoy playing competitively.

Last edited by metaltragedy: 02-21-2012 at 07:26 AM.
metaltragedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead 2