Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Rainbow Six series > Vegas series

Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #31
BruceCage

I recommended this game to a friend of mine and he bought it on Steam but he gets the loop bug and it's so annoying he can't enjoy the game and refuses to play it.

A fix would be greatly appreciated.
BruceCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #32
cybermind

i got this problem on my old system i built, my new system, my ex girlfriends system and see it on everyone elses computer. a few years later, and it STILL HAPPENS.
disgusting.
cybermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #33
Metal_Izanagi

So, is there really no definite fix for this? How the hell does Ubisoft get away with selling this game? How the hell did I never get this bug until I started playing again recently? o_O And why is it /really/ bad with a friend of mine, yet almost nonexistent with people across the globe?
Metal_Izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #34
deadpoet

I get the sound loop bug every single time I play multiplayer, it always starts a few minutes into the game and then rarely stops. It's driving me absolutely nuts. Pathetic.
deadpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #35
Xstioph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
So, is there really no definite fix for this? How the hell does Ubisoft get away with selling this game? How the hell did I never get this bug until I started playing again recently? o_O And why is it /really/ bad with a friend of mine, yet almost nonexistent with people across the globe?
I really have no idea.. It's really fascinating that they can sell whatever garbage they want when it comes to PC games.. Don't get me wrong, Vegas 2 is awesome, but that bug brings it down to "pure and utter crap" every time it occurs. Worst thing is that it would be soo simple to fix with and ugly/quick fix just to get rid of it.. But seeing as they kept it from a previous game, sigh!

I was hoping that the "PC Alliance" would work like a union to take things like this up with developer.. But that thing never got anywhere it seems. To be honest I wonder if I ever heard of it anywhere other than on PC Gamer.. However it really feels like we need some kind of gamer union or something. Games have been big business for quite some time now and it's not like it's getting any smaller.. :)
Xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #36
AlHudson1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstioph View Post
I was hoping that the "PC Alliance" would work like a union to take things like this up with developer..
Hey.. I like jokes!

+1 for make me smile
AlHudson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #37
Uckfay Ooyay

Banned
there will never be a fix or workaround of any sort for this problem, ever.

this thread can be closed and stickied as of now...
Uckfay Ooyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #38
Xstioph

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by erriico View Post
It only happens to be if someone on my team is firing their weapon, and they get killed by someone else.

Sometimes if a terrorist is shooting, when I kill him, his weapon sound starts to loops.

So for me, just gotta kill them fast.
Oh my god, finally an answer! It all makes so much sense now! Pick up this game every now and then.. End up searching for solutions to this #¤&{$€ sound loop. And wow, just had an "hallelujah" moment! Had just earlier read this comment. Then played with a friend, that luckily explained that he had died while firing.

I often go down guns blazing. Rarely get shot in the back (as rare as it can get with the x-ray vision AI, heh) and I sort of have a run n gun mentality. But sometimes it has not been that bad and I'm guessing those times is linked with the times I have been playing with shotguns. Because I think I have read using single shots as a suggestion to minimizing the sound loop occurring.

DAMN! Feels so good to finally know at least WHY/WHAT! Still amazing that it has not been fixed though.. Gotta have happened during beta testing..

...now it's just a matter of time before someone says "but it happened to me when I was not shooting".

Edit: No, that was not correct. It started happening, when I hadn't fired a single bullet, and none of my team mates had died. So back to the drawing board! Thought it was a bit weird, I should have picked up on that if it was as constant as occurring upon death while firing.

Last edited by Xstioph: 02-06-2014 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Not true.
Xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #39
likedamaster

Thumbs down

Sound loop bug still not fixed as of 8/20/14. There's a decent size community that still plays.
likedamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #40
kizuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstioph View Post
Oh my god, finally an answer! It all makes so much sense now! Pick up this game every now and then.. End up searching for solutions to this #¤&{$€ sound loop. And wow, just had an "hallelujah" moment! Had just earlier read this comment. Then played with a friend, that luckily explained that he had died while firing.

I often go down guns blazing. Rarely get shot in the back (as rare as it can get with the x-ray vision AI, heh) and I sort of have a run n gun mentality. But sometimes it has not been that bad and I'm guessing those times is linked with the times I have been playing with shotguns. Because I think I have read using single shots as a suggestion to minimizing the sound loop occurring.

DAMN! Feels so good to finally know at least WHY/WHAT! Still amazing that it has not been fixed though.. Gotta have happened during beta testing..

...now it's just a matter of time before someone says "but it happened to me when I was not shooting".

Edit: No, that was not correct. It started happening, when I hadn't fired a single bullet, and none of my team mates had died. So back to the drawing board! Thought it was a bit weird, I should have picked up on that if it was as constant as occurring upon death while firing.
you stopped reading didnt you?

Quote:
Sometimes if a terrorist is shooting, when I kill him, his weapon sound starts to loops.
also, me an 2 of my friends are playing this, at first i didnt here the sounds, and i was the host, then another friend started hosting (since they were saying it was a little laggy) and then i started hearing it so the reason the OPs retail owner friend didnt hear it was probably because he was the one hosting all the time while the steam ppl were joining

noting, ive never heard the sound while hosting YET not to say it cant happen just going by my experience, and yes, have had the sound loop when killing the terrorists at the very start of the map when no one on our team died, but never the silent kill before they know we are there
kizuya is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Rainbow Six series > Vegas series