Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V > Steam Workshop for Skyrim

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #31
Drudgenaut

I think we have a winner ^^^^ great idea and being said its up to modders and their fans to do just that..... lets get on it... if the workshop isnt willing to fix it tho the NEXUS is the shizzzzzznit
Drudgenaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #32
GirlPower23

Why is this thread discussing "Bandwidth costs" and limits? Why are people assuming this is some strict limit. It was clearly stated it's a bug and will be fixed.
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #33
Thrillho007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
Why is this thread discussing "Bandwidth costs" and limits? Why are people assuming this is some strict limit. It was clearly stated it's a bug and will be fixed.
People are loathe to let common sense get in the way of a good argument.
Thrillho007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #34
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillho007 View Post
People are loathe to let common sense get in the way of a good argument.
Too True, too true, He He He.

But it is a bit silly how people keep complaining about a 'Bug'
that is openly admitted by Beth/Steam.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #35
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillho007 View Post
Ok, possibly a dumb question, since I'm new to the mod scene... could you not circumvent this problem by combining all of your favorite mods into a single mod?
My God yet another Very True comment He He, sorry being a bit silly but yes that is possible, probably best with Wyre Bash I suspect? I've never really made much use of Wyre, but I used FO3Edit and NVEdit for that type of thing.

Also not a bad idea if you can use the Creation Kit is to build as many of 'your' little idea's into one mod. Thats generally what I do as I tend to like some things done in a certain way in all my Beth games. I first make loads of little mods to test with (and helps learn the new CK) then re-do them all into one.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #36
Thrillho007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton Warrior View Post
My God yet another Very True comment He He, sorry being a bit silly but yes that is possible, probably best with Wyre Bash I suspect? I've never really made much use of Wyre, but I used FO3Edit and NVEdit for that type of thing.

Also not a bad idea if you can use the Creation Kit is to build as many of 'your' little idea's into one mod. Thats generally what I do as I tend to like some things done in a certain way in all my Beth games. I first make loads of little mods to test with (and helps learn the new CK) then re-do them all into one.
See, that's basically what I was thinking... Even if you can't get all of your favorite mods in one (say, if you can't get access to the files in order to combine them), if each mod-maker were to create a combined mod with all of their work, then instead of worrying about having 50 mods, you'd be worrying about having more than 50 favorite mod makers.

Another idea might be for Bethesda/Valve to change the way the game loads your mods, automatically combining all of your mods into one before loading them, and thereby bypassing the 50 mod restriction.

Of course, I'm no coder, so I don't know how feasible this idea might be.
Thrillho007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #37
Breton Warrior

Merging them prior to installation as you sort of suggest would have quite big problems due to mods changing similar things, clashing basically. That has always been the bane of mod users getting them all to work together. Bashing or Merging often called a Merged Patched has got its own pitfalls in regard to not correctly merging files together.

Doing it by hand with preferably something like FO3Edit is in my opinion the best way to do it, then of course you are tinkerring with all the other authors work but as long as it is just for your own use that is fine.

Of course the 50 'bug' as I understand it is you can only have 50 Workshop mods subscribed at any one time? If that is the isuue well the answer is simply to unsubscribe some at the Workshop and then add more, if you remove your subscribe it does not (well it has not with me) remove the mod, only the update facility.

I have no idea on the maximum amount of mods Skyrim can handle itself, if it is only 50 that Skyrim can run well thats a major issue, if its only 50 subscribed then thats only a minor annoyance until it can be fixed. Maybe have a little play around with the Creation Kit, it is not over hard to do basic tweaks and what you change will only work if you turn the .esp on, so if you crash the game with something silly just delete the esp you made.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #38
Capn Tucker

Listen up people! You can have as many Workshop mods as you want, you just can't subscribe to all of them at the same time. Here's how you do it until they get around to fixing the 50 mod bug:

Subscribe to your first 50 mods
Favorite all 50 mods
Download all 50 mods with Launcher
Unsubscribe to all mods
Subscribe to your second 50 mods (or however many)
Favorite them all
Download to Launcher
Unsubscribe to all mods
Rinse and repeat.

Just because they aren't subscribed doesn't mean they won't work. All you'll have to do is re-check all the unsubscribed mods in your Skyrim Launcher.
When the 50 mod bug finally gets fixed, then all you have to do is go into your favorites and resubscribe to all the mods. Simple..
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #39
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Tucker View Post
Listen up people! You can have as many Workshop mods as you want, you just can't subscribe to all of them at the same time. Here's how you do it until they get around to fixing the 50 mod bug:

Subscribe to your first 50 mods
Favorite all 50 mods
Download all 50 mods with Launcher
Unsubscribe to all mods
Subscribe to your second 50 mods (or however many)
Favorite them all
Download to Launcher
Unsubscribe to all mods
Rinse and repeat.

Just because they aren't subscribed doesn't mean they won't work. All you'll have to do is re-check all the unsubscribed mods in your Skyrim Launcher.
When the 50 mod bug finally gets fixed, then all you have to do is go into your favorites and resubscribe to all the mods. Simple..
At Last, someone else has started saying the same thing, I've been feeling like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with things like this for a while now, its the same answer for the 'updating' problem and 3rd party load managers.

Subscribe-Download-Favorite-Unsubscribe, will fix the load order issue, if you do not have that problem and just want more mods well just do the same and add more.

Last edited by Breton Warrior: 02-20-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V > Steam Workshop for Skyrim