Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
VisibleSilence

What do you do during Humiliation?

If I'm on the winning team at the end of the round I almost never actively hunt down the running, defenseless players on the other team.

The only exception to this rule is when I see a player who's dominating me, then I must kill him if only just to clear the score. Sometimes I end up killing people accidentally when the round ends and I'm still shooting, usually ending up with a crit something finding its way to end someone's life.

One time, at the end of the second stage of Goldrush, I was a Heavy on the BLU team, and we won. Instead of following everyone to the enemy spawn to cause a massacre, I run the other way and find an engineer cowering in a corner. He made a move to run away, but thought better of it because I guess he knew it wasn't going to help. I take out my fists, call him a spy like the enemy he is, but then say thanks to express my appreciation of a good round. He said, "Thanks, mister!" I offer him a sandvich and he takes it. A teammate of mine ran by and he looked like he wanted to run, but the teammate didn't notice him, leaving the both of us to stare at each other in silent understanding until the next round started.

I'm sure he was grateful for my compassion as I was for him willing staying still. I feel sad when I try to approach a Humiliated player to offer him comfort and then he runs away, only to be gibbed by my teammates.

The reason I don't like killing losing players is because I do feel kind of bad. But not only that, I also feel like it's not much of a challenge to kill someone who can't fight back. I'd much prefer if losing players can still use melee, so at least they have some form of self defense, and then I'll be able to kill them without feeling too guilty.

If I'm on the losing end, I don't bother running away. Usually I just run into their faces. Very rarely do I encounter someone like me who refuse to kill during Humiliation. Which saddens me.

So, fellow mercenaries, how do you act when you've won a round and have a someone's life at your mercy? Or when you're on the losing end? Do you attempt to run away, or silently accept your fate?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Demoman 2101

I hunt down players to look at them, and kill them if they try to run away.
Demoman 2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
drgnzach

if Im on the losing side, I hide.
drgnzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Boler

I spared an enemy medic once, and when he was autobalanced he pocketed me for the rest of the game =U
Boler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Nintendax

When I'm on the winning team, I'll occasionally kill everyone in the spawn but one person. I'll stare at them for a second. If they taunt I taunt as well, they get to live. If they don't, I wipe them out.

If I'm on the losing team, hiding usually happens. Sometimes I just jump off the edge so they don't get the satisfaction of killing me. Usually that only happens when my team gets steamrolled.
Nintendax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
2560x1600@120hz

I too also do not enjoy murduring people during Humiliation. I perfer exhchanging voice command with them. The battle is over for both of us, why hold a grudge?
2560x1600@120hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
Dvdgg

Follow them. Corner them. Taunt party! Oh, I forgot I was using the flaregun, sorry sir.
Same if I am the one in humiliation mode.
Dvdgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
hat

If I'm on the winning team, I tend to just taunt. If I'm on the losing team, maybe I'll try my luck at a taunt kill, or kill myself with atomizer jumps (or jumping off a ledge).
hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
TheLastTemplar

On the losing side: if I happen to have the right weapon out, go for a tauntkill; otherwise I just jump around wildly and try to dodge everyone who's shooting at me.
On the winning side: Gun everyone down, unless they taunt, then I taunt right back at them.
TheLastTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
Piogre

if I have a strange I'm trying to level up, I do try to take people down. Otherwise I stand by.
Piogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Oathblivion

"YOU FAILED!"

*run to the point/cart*

*Meet the Medic Taunt until someone kills me*

If not that, then I try my luck at taunt kills. My mission is not complete until every last person is dead though. Pity the server I regular on doesn't have after round friendly fire enabled.
Oathblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
Tazar

I laugh in the face of danger with my Shadenfreude.
Tazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
Lythiium

Winning:
Usually do hunt a few people down - It's an extra couple kills on my stranges. Except some friends - I might just try jump on their head - or maybe just go for a taunt kill.

Losing:
Attempt to run back, hide round a corner or the spawn door, and try get a taunt kill on those who rush in. Last time I was successful, I got 3 kills with the Equalizer... I appropriately lol'd.
Lythiium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
toady909

Winning: Usually just stand there. I like to only get points during the round.

Losing: Either jump off a cliff, or just stand there. I don't really mind if the people kill me, but sometimes people miss you completely.
toady909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
Rologton

Hope I had a weapon out with a taunt kill and try to take a few with me.

Or just taunt.

Or try to get high fives.

Since I donated to the servers I frequent I get end-round immunity, so I just mess with the guys that aren't regulars and don't know what's going on.
Rologton is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2