Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 02-10-2012, 03:54 AM   #211
wbgron

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitlocksEnd View Post
Granfield Branch, Branch Workhorse. Has anyone managed to complete this scenario. Despite the latest updates I am still getting the message 'Unable to load file -Track.bin -' when I try to run this scenario. Any advice would be much appreciated.
You may have heard this a thousand before as we mention it in the forums a lot!! - But have you tried to Verify the Game Cache?
wbgron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #212
WhitlocksEnd

wbgron

Unfortunately yes tried the usual 'tricks' Would be interested to know if anyone has managed to complete this scenario.
WhitlocksEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #213
Interdictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitlocksEnd View Post
wbgron

Unfortunately yes tried the usual 'tricks' Would be interested to know if anyone has managed to complete this scenario.
Hi WhitlocksEnd,

the scenario is currently unaccomplishable. Most likely, the version of the scenario is not synced with the current version of TS2012. The game thinks players are using modified files, hence preventing them to play the game since it is a career scenario.

I.
Interdictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #214
Peter749

Would it be possible to change the horn on the Class 76 to a more correct sounding one. The Class 76 only had a single tone horn, hence only 1 button for the horn.

Peter
Peter749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #215
wbgron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter749 View Post
Would it be possible to change the horn on the Class 76 to a more correct sounding one. The Class 76 only had a single tone horn, hence only 1 button for the horn.

Peter
Hi Peter,

I won't take credit for this but I was asking the same thing about changing the Class 390 horns. Now its a little complicated but 'Lighthousepoet' a forums member told me to try this:

Hi wbgron...I have just tried and succeeded to change the horn of the class 390...now this method might not work on all locos for all horn sounds..so you will need to use trial and error.
Open up the 390 files e.g....prgrams/steam/steamapps/common/railworks/assets/s9bl/class 390addon/audio/railvehicles/class 390/ and copy and paste the Class 390 Horn Sound.bin class 390 Horn.proxybin and the class 390 Horn.proxyxml files to the desktop..create a new folder and name it 390 Horn files...just incase it does not work you can just restore the files...now open up the files of the loco who's horn sound closely matches the horn sound you want to replicate. copy and paste those horn.bin horn.proxybin and horn.proxyxml files to the desk top and rename them to those files from the class 390 folder... you may get a warning that renaming a file might lose its properties and therefor not work...ignore..move the files back into the audio folder of the class 390...you will be asked if you want to replace the existing files..yes. delete the Blueprints.pak file and start RW to test the horn.
BTW...any chages you do make will revert back to default anytime you verify cache .

He had it working, I got cocky and tried using manual two tone controls (B + Space bar) and failed, but Lighthousepoet says he got a horn working were by we just use the space bar to sound the horn........give it a go and see what you can do...just remember to back up any folders/files you play around with so you can easily go back to the original.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #216
Jimmer230

OK, it still rains in railway stations, even after the last update and:
I still hear my train doing clickety-clack after I stopped at a station.
Jimmer230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #217
Peter749

A silly question but could the Railworks team not correct the error as, 'Lighthousepoet' said, if you verify the cache it reverts to default. Also the class 86 max speed of 93mph is one that needs changing.

Peter
Peter749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #218
wbgron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter749 View Post
A silly question but could the Railworks team not correct the error as, 'Lighthousepoet' said, if you verify the cache it reverts to default. Also the class 86 max speed of 93mph is one that needs changing.

Peter
RSC aint interested in helping us out with this, they wanna make money and so carry on making addons that people will still buy but complain...I haven't bought any addons since RW3 update (I mean the RW2 - RW3 update)

You'll have to hunt the forums, but I remember seeing a post in the last few weeks about editing files yourself that actually up the speed limit of the class 86 by 15mph or so.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #219
fastpaced

HST AWS Reset

Has any encountered a problem with the HST after making an emergency stop. ie cannot pull away because the AWS cannot be reset via the Q key or dash mounted AWS Reset button. This only seems to happen on the HST, all other train models work OK. If you have an answer I would be very please to know.

Fastpaced
fastpaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #220
Toldrabald

Not the HST, but haven't driven one for a while. But I encoutered the same thing on a DB BR294 today: yellow signal, missed to acknowled the PZB (AWS) and after the emergency brake all controls were gone. No key worked anymore and by mouse I could move throttle and brakes, but not the PZB button.
Toldrabald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #221
gmbfly98

Unhappy Multiple bugs/issues

1) The Class 390 between Carstairs and Lockerbie on the career scenario (I forget which one) always gives "side to side ride comfort" deductions in the curvy section even when doing 25mph below the speed limit. I don't recall this issue in other career scenarios in other trains.

2) Paradoxically, turning OFF tilt on the Class 390 when entering curves, and when going from a left turn to a right turn (or vice versa) prevents "side to side ride comfort" deductions that you would otherwise get with tilt turned on.

3) NEC route: there are still phantom speed reductions that don't show up on the Driving Interface, and the Cab Signal display doesn't provide any warning until it's too late.

4) NEC route: I have been able to pass "stop" signals without getting a SPAD warning/deduction. This is even with having "quit on SPAD" enabled (which works on other routes).

5) Headlights on the class 390 are too dim to light anything except the very small patch of ground directly in front of them. Also, the cab has no interior lighting and is too dark at night.
gmbfly98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #222
mick43

Angry railworks 2/3

Hi!About August last year i wrote in because i had starting having problems with my trains on RW2.I was advised by the forum that it was to do with my graphics card and when RW3 was released i would have trouble running it.I have changed my computer 4 times now but i still have the original problem from RW 2.I am now using an Athlon 4core prosseser with a Nvidea GeForce 8600 GT which gives me fantastic results.I have now purchased a lot more stock which i cannot use properly because of the operating problem.I will mention a few things but the problem affects the whole of TS3.The steam trains struggle to get power.My Amtrack Genesis suddenly for no reason applies emergency brakes.In Donner Pass i have a 100 car coal coming out of Sparks Yard that gets de-railed by a stationary train that has somehow de-railed 2 tracks away.Also on Donner Pass,i have a helper loco that has gone to the aid of a stalled freight train. It couples ok,and runs ok,but if you save the game,when you restart that game,you get a different cabThere is a lot more problem,but i have only listed these to give you an idea and hope that someone can find an answer.After 6 months of trying,i am now getting a little tired.Thanks for reading this.Kind regards.Michael
mick43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #223
gmbfly98

Unhappy More issues

NEC: Several speed limits as shown on the Driver Information screen don't match up with the Cab Signal display. Either the shown speed limit is before the point that the Cab Signal displays the reduced or increased speed, or the Cab Signal displays the new speed before the DI screen does.
gmbfly98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #224
hstman0059

Unhappy railworks prob

hi just wonder if anybody may have a solution for my new problem still having probs with woodhead and wcml but now managing to get some to load my new prob is on closeing a scenario am now getting the following message RAILWORKS PROC2 EXE NOT WORKING hope you can help http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....gif:confused:
hstman0059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #225
ulsterexpress

How do you sync train sim so it runs ok, I've already done a verify integrity of game cache and defraged the cache files.
ulsterexpress is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks