Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 02-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
AdelaisAer

Red face Lag on CIV 5?

I keep lagging on Civ5 every so often. I know the longer you play, the more crap goes on, but it shouldn't lag this much.

My set up:
Asus G74SX-DH72
nVidia GTX560M 3GB (directX 11)
16GB RAM
Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz

I have a main SSD for my OS and two 7200rpm HDDs for my games and stuff. I put CIV5 on one of my HDDs (and that HDD is mostly empty, too).

EDIT: And yes, I have the latest drivers, etc.

Last edited by AdelaisAer: 02-17-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: To add an icon near the name. Lol, seriously.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
VicRatlhead51

I have the same problem on large or huge sized maps. I just play standard or smaller now and don't seem to have much trouble. Wish I had a solution though. I'd like to play a bigger map since I usually win domination games on standard in the renaissance or industrial eras and have no interest in playing cat and mouse just to extend my game.
VicRatlhead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
Mivo

DX9 seems to cause less problems for people. On my current box, large maps aren't too bad (i5-2500k 3.3k, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 570, also SSD for OS and a 7200er HD for games), though I generally play small maps since I find them more enjoyable in Civ5.

Quick combat helps too. I started to switch to that to avoid the panning late in the game.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
AdelaisAer

Red face

Well, I guess it's worth mentioning I often play on Earth-sized maps. *COUGH* But even then, the game lags for like 5 to 10 seconds every turn. It's really annoying. I will try dX 9, and will definitely turn on quick animations, because this is really annoying.

But regardless, 2K really needs to release a patch that targets these issues. When a really good gaming laptop is having lag issues on a game that should run smooth like butter, you know something's wrong. :/
AdelaisAer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series